Feedback on the Changes

Dear members,

We look forward to hear your feedback on the changes. Please click 'reply' to post your message.

Regards,

Team eBay India. 

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Feedback on the Changes

Sounds good but I guess we still have a lot of confusion here. Hopefully this gets cleared in the online training
Message 2 of 57
latest reply

Feedback on the Changes

buyfor
Community Member

it is not good for sellers and buyers because now products cost will be high because you charged very high commission in new fee structure.

it will impact on the sale of ebay.

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

Feedback on the Changes

Hi !

It will hit sales badly as the shipping charges are increased drastically, especially surface shipping cost.

Good thing is you have removed FVF now it looks like more transperent than earlier but  resulted increase in selling price.

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

Feedback on the Changes

zindgilive
Community Member
Its not good . 20% Fee is very heigh ans seeler and buyer /end user -how they will do work ?

As a seller suppose working here at 5 % profit margin and Ebay Inida taking 20 % on Sports category .this is too much profit margin for just proving an online portal to the seller.

It will effect the Ebay sell also.
Message 5 of 57
latest reply

Feedback on the Changes

Dear Mintkart Team

I am shocked to see the Revised Commissions for ebay / Mintkart which You have announced  recently. 

As the country Grapples with the effects of demonetization & GST , ebay on its Part should have been more sincere & appreciative of current Business scenario rather than trying to fill their pockets by unfair increase in Commissions to the tune of more tahn 10%

The effective rate of commission for Jewelry category comes to 27.14 & increase of 10.04 % Include shipping This Translates to 

Nearly 30% of sale Price .

From which angle such exhorbitant commissions are Justified ?

Businesses are already under stress with dwindling sales , The sellers will not be in a Position to Pass on this Increase to the customers. , since everybody is effected due demonetization & GST thus The sellers will have to foot this increased Bill. 

The sellers invest in their Inventory, Certifications, Shipping, Losses on a/c of Pilferage, Breakage, Losses due to customers returning the merchandise & yet with all above efforts & exepnses the sellers doesnot make the kind of Profit / Margin which ebay / Mintkart is going to charge NOW with ZERO 

This Proposed raise in commissions is highly Unjustified & Nowhere in the world these kind of commissions are charged which will untimately kill the sellers Business & soon lead to fuirther chasing away of customers from the Platform.

We request ebay / Mintkart to relook at this Proposes increase seriously . We were expecting that the New Management will take initiatives to enhance sales & reduce charges enabling Buyer to make Purchases But It seems that Some short term view at your end has taken away rational thinking which will have devastating effects on Sales & Business on ebay !! 

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

Feedback on the Changes

Dear Sir,

What about shipments which are undelivered returned to Seller as RTOs ? Who will pay for shipping charges of such shipments , eBay or Seller ?? Please clarify..

Thanks
Message 7 of 57
latest reply

Feedback on the Changes

km_techs
Community Member
This Proposed raise in commissions is highly Unjustified & Nowhere in the world these kind of commissions are charged which will untimately kill the sellers Business & soon lead to fuirther chasing away of customers from the Platform.
Message 8 of 57
latest reply

Feedback on the Changes

s-grid
Community Member

Hi,

I think Flipkart wants to kill eBay India at any cost. On Amazon India the commissions are justified for certain categories and are lower too. This month Amazon India also gave benefits to seller by charging 1% commission lesser for our product category. 

Already the sales on eBay India is only 3% compared to the sales on Amazon India and Flipkart wants to reduce that too. We were happy selling on eBay India but now not anymore. Our TDS credit was also not passed on time which was not the case earlier. 

Flipkart retain eBay India image and work on the benefits of sellers rather then damaging the image of it. 

I hope the point reaches to the targetted team and they take appropriate action. We can only allow the commission not above 5% on any category of product. 

Thanks and Regards,

Jignesh Nishar.

S-GRID The Tech Hub. 

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Feedback on the Changes

Hello eBay Team(I mean Flipkart Team),

I am one of the old seller from Bazee days and I have a good experience selling here on eBay.

But from last 1 Year the buyer(s) traffic and sales is very much down or can say near to only 10% compare to past days.

Now just today morning I have received an email about the changes in fee policy and fee structure.

It was very nicely told that because of these changes

"selling on eBay.in will be a lot easier and efficient" 

But this is completely false and misleading, the business on ebay India was already down and increasing the fee tremendously will not going to help the seller or revenue of eBay.in

Also there is additional Rs.10 per unit charges which seems completely irrelevant.

Earlier in my category,Loose Gemstones was 10% Final Value Fees and 4.5% Aprox was for PaisaPay fee.

Which was like around 15% total but now the fees shots to 23% + GST.

Well also note that sellers need to issue GST Bill for the sales and Pay the GST Tax from his Pocket,Which is again a additional burden on selles.

So, How this is justified? 

Instead of taking steps to increase the sales on eBay.In , It seems new management is only focusing on getting revenue without giving any thought about seller’s plight.

I sincerely hope my this post will reach the new management and someone will care to reply about this.

Best Regards,

Deep Agarwal

Message 10 of 57
latest reply