Feedback on Product Identifiers

Dear members,

We will be happy to hear your queries/feedback/suggestions. Please click on 'post' to share your message with us.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Feedback on Product Identifiers

Hello,

What if certain items they do not have identifier number may be like say china items.

Regards

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

How about Loose leaf teas?

How about Hand made Crokery.

How about Speciality Teas and Coffee?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

To Ebay comuunity and ebay team Recently i have been facing some problems that i would like to share with you, my listings are ending without any reason and when i talked to the customer representative regarding this issue, he told me as you have not entered MPN (manufacturing part no.) your listings are ending, so he told me to update MPN of my all listing and i did that but still my listing are ending regularly without any reason and i am lossing alot of sale due to this, so i request ebay team to resolve this issue imediately and following are the listing that have been ending without any reason 122007990137 121860616626 121949371743 121758727746 121758781270 121758970941 121983159473 121759482666 121759501962 121952629814 121952629814 121839394655

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Dear Seller,

If your products don’t have product identifiers and are unbranded, you can choose “does not apply” from the dropdown in all product identifier fields
i.e.
Brand = “Unbranded”
MPN = “Does Not Apply”
UPC = “Does Not Apply”

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Dear Seller,

You can set any of the following applicable values to product identifiers.

Brand = Name of the brand if you have one. Else “Unbranded”
MPN = If you are the manufacturer of these products and have assigned codes to them you can input them or you can choose “Does Not Apply”
UPC = “Does Not Apply”

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Dear Seller,

We are investigating this and will get back. Prima facie, this does not appear to be caused by MPN. We will get back to you shortly on your registered email ID.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Dear ebay

I would like to know under which section (assuming govt. notification) you are imposing these requirement.

Thanks

Audiorefinery

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Dear Seller,

Thanks for your query!

Kindly refer “Why is eBay now requiring product identifiers on some items” in FAQ section, which explains your query as under:

"Search engines, including the one on eBay.in and external sites like Bing and Google, use thousands of algorithms to help identify and display relevant product matches during online search sessions. Product Identifiers help those search engines capture eBay sellers' merchandise and display it for relevant searches. Product Identifiers also help grow the eBay catalog—which will ultimately facilitate faster, better buyer/item matching on eBay. Over time, as more sellers use product identifiers in their listings, the eBay catalog grows—connecting more shoppers to your listings.”

Besides the other benefits to sellers mentioned in the post, it is expected that product identifiers will discourage fraudulent activity and ensure genuine items are listed.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,
Team eBay India.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

That is not possible in india
Here are many local products
If you do this no one will sell on eBay
Message 10 of 21
latest reply