Feedback Length

ritesh_z
Community Member
It's a little surprising that buyers have only 80 characters to write their feedback on ebay. Even mobile operators consider short messages to be at least 160 characters. If there is a problem that any user faces with any seller, it's virtually impossible to write anything in 80 characters. Usually when one wants to leave a negative feedback, there are lots of things to explain and am sure no buyer wants to be unjustified. Everyone would like to justify their negative feedback. This detailed negative feedback helps other buyers to beware of the seller. In just 80 characters, you can't write anything, so other buyers don't get a clear picture of what happened, why a particular negative feedback was given and so on.

I bought my first item from ebay about 9 years back when it wasn't even ebay, it was baazee.com. When I bought my second item after 9 years, I was expecting that there will be at least 1000 characters to leave feedback (positive/negative) if not unlimited. Unlimited means that it will take up much hard disk space for ebay and moreover it will consume lot of bandwidth to display all that everyone a page is accessed. It was a rude shock to find just 80 characters. I'll never be able to come out of this shock. Hard to believe ebay can be So STINGY about feedback length.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Feedback Length

gizmobhai
Community Member
i was squirming sitting on my chair while reading ur views. i was getting goosebumps and was in a kind of shock which i m not sure if i will ever be able to come out of.

While i empahtise with u, there is a class of buyers who come to buy on ebay only to give negative feedback. they can spoil the entire eco-system. i sincerely hope n pray that all sellers are spared such buyers..
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Feedback Length

@gizmobhai...

If you find this post bizarre then you should read the other posting this same buyer has made in this forum.

I am providing the quote below, just read that and you will understand what is the mental level of buyers on ebay......

You will see in description of most items (from almost all sellers) that "Leaving a Negative feedback will not solve the problem". Funny. This is how sellers warn you here. What can you expect from such sellers? They are demanding a positive feedback from you as if it's their birth right. They don't realize that if they provide good service, good feedback will automatically come but no, they will put a gun of feedback on your head first. They don't realize that they have to deserve a positive feedback first.

It's so funny to read their descriptions about feedback, you can't stop laughing. And they are here to do business. Amazing. They will seldom write that they will make every effort to ensure that you've a good experience with them while shopping but they will almost always write about feedback. They are not bothered about your experience, your shopping, your money, your product; they are bothered only about their feedback.

Some sellers go a step further warning you that if buyer leaves a negative feedback, the buyer will be reported to ebay and their account blocked or the buyer will also get a negative feedback. Hilarious. How come they never realize that a buyer can make multiple IDs and still purchase and be least bothered about feedback. A seller on the other hand can't change IDs. Changing IDs means losing all feedback while translates into loss of business.

StopandShop
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Feedback Length

The Buyer's has to understand why they have to leave a negative feedback.If there is a problem in quality & originalty of product they can do so.But new buyer's they leave -ve feedback for fun.Last week I got a -ve feedback because the buyer's says he has a choice to choose in giving -ve feedback and gave it just for fun.he changed the feedback afterwards.Do you Know how much of trouble it creates for a seller.There are lot of very good & Genuine seller's in ebay other wise I don't think that ebay is perfroming well inspite of the Market Competition.:-D
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Feedback Length

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
buyers should understand the sellers would not never do for fun to sell a damaged or fraud product. every seller want's to get appreciated. But unfortunately i don't understand but most the buyers expects more than they see on the pictures and description. That doesn't take you any where.
if you have really a problem please contact the seller and resolve the issue with seller itself. you can leave only negative feedback only when the seller doest agree for refund or exchange.
Lets just think even if you go to the store and come home find out some problem with the product you sure go to the store and exchange it.
why the hell that buyers do not think in the same same way here online.
i sincerely request that buyers please do not leave a negative feedback which effects the seller business a lot.
try to contact first. Communication is all what it needs.
I do not understand why they do not like to communicate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply