cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback: Announcing multiple changes in Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee*

Dear members,

Please share your feedback, queries, suggestions regarding the multiple changes in Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee* here. We would be happy to hear from you.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Through the new policy, seller can no mention return details in the item description, nor choose the erstwhile return information boxes. 

However, the item pages have not been updated to reflect the same. Go to any item and the 'Returns:' section is there with the message 'Return policy not specified by the seller. Check item description for more details.' You can see this towatds the right of the item photo just above eBay Guarantee message.

Why is that section still there? You have removed the return boxes and then you pass the message to the buyer 'Return policy not specified by the seller.' What's worse, you then go on to tell the buyer 'Check item description for more details' when you have stated we cannot provide return information in item description!

The above situation sends a wrong and confusing message to the buyer. It looks like oh I am covered by eBay Guarantee but the way seller is not being transparent.

Please have the above section removed. Making rules is all fine and dandy but then you need to ensure that there is a completerollout and not just half-baked implementation.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Some product have manufacturer warranty but the company might not have a service centre in some states. In that case if the buyer send the product for repair who would pay for the return shipping? How to communicate this to the buyer since it cannot be mentioned in the description.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Any update??
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

RESPECTED SIR, Returns, Warranty and eBay Guarantee* ACC.TO THIS POLICY BUYER,USE ITEM SIX TO SEVEN DAYS THAT IS NEW PROVIDED BY SELLER IN GOOD CONDITION.NOW BUYER IS NOT HAPPY WITH ITEM AND HE APPLIES FOR REFUND AND AT THAT TIME ITS BECOME VERY DIFFICULT AS SEELLER TO ACCEPT HIS ITEM AFTER LONG TIME.HE WAS UNABLE TO SELL SECOND OR NOR IT IS USEABLE.EBAY HAS TO GIVE PROTECTION TO SELLER AS MOST OF BUYER CHEAT SELLER .BUYER HAS FIRST CONFIRM RECEIP OF ITEM THEN HE CAN APPLY FOR REFUND IMMEDIATELY WITH IN 1-2 DAYS.IF ITEM HAS FAULT.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

One of my buyer return me mobile after using itfor 28 day now its very ddifficult for me to sell it and it is give me loss of rs 19000 if i sell it used it would give me loss of rs 11000 so I request ebay to review its 30 days refund and replacement guarantee make it atlest 10 day for mobile only this 30 days policy is giving heavy loss to seller now I have to think twice listing item on ebay
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

FORGET FEEDBACK

First decide what changes you want to make and then communicate it to all your employees especially if they are in support. Cause they seem to have an answer "Sorry we cant help you with this query as this policy is still under consideration"

Whats the point of announcing when the support staff feels they are not actual announcements.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Where can we find the actual updated "Return Policy Guidelines"

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Why sellers have to pay for return shipping charges for non-ps transactions?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply