Fake Memory Card

I purchased a Cell phone on ebay in January of this year and while making the purchase i saw a memory card as well and i added it to my cart, i got my cellphone and thr memory card arrived a week later, it was a non working memory card, I contacted ebay who asked me to contact seller who was no longer associated with ebay, i am quite a busy person and i dont have so much of time to run behind people. it took me a few days as i told that someone from ebay will call me back which never happened, i called the again in march and the rep said the dispute was closed and we cannot refund the money and i have to get in touch with samsung mmc, I stay in Mumbai (malad west ) and the service center is like 40 kms away . i visited the samsung center where the said it is a fake memory card and not samsung and the get around 5-6 for ebay everyday which was surprising to me, i did not know that a reputed company like ebay will cheat their customers like this. I called ebay when i reached home and guess what they asked me to get a proof that the card is fake and they said they will need a letter from samsung stating the card is fake, i questioned this right away and told them why would samsung provide me a letter that this is fake as i did not purchase it from them , I purchased the product through ebay and i need a solution from them. they were not ready to listen and understand the rules of the business, so i gave up and i told them that i will go to the gallery again, i spent more money travelling to samsing service center than purchasing that card. i spoke to them and they told me exaclty what i told ebay and refused to give me a letter. i couldnt argue with samsung beacause they were right and i then called ebay who also refused help . i shop online a lot but i stopped using ebay and i sweae i wont buy anything from them even if they give me 50 % off, i am dealing witj amazon for quite a few months and they have been excelent so far. But i wont let it go as it is not thr questiof 500rs now its the question of my right and i will be taking legal actions against ebay for harrasing me and cheating to me and lying to me . i am trying to find the procedures to file a case 8n consumer court and it doesnr matter even if i spend one lac on it ...i will figt for my right.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fake Memory Card

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Fake Memory Card

Here are the details of the product

"SAMSUNG 32 GB MICR.."!

and i am claiming for the following

Travelling charges - 2780 Rs
Product price - 590 Rs
Mental harrasment - i will decide by checking with the lawyer

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Fake Memory Card

That is great sir I also have same prob sir with 64gb evo Samsung from ebay
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fake Memory Card

v.03.03
Community Member
Had same problem. Purchased Samsung 64 gb evo card that turned out to be fake. I think it's time to file a complaint in consumer forum.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply