Excessive fee?

winsnewlife
Community Member
Does ebay India charge a lot of fee as compared to ebay international sites?
I saw an Indian product from an Indian seller being sold at an ebay international site and upon asking why, being from India, he does not list on ebay India as well, he replied:

"sorry,we dont list in ebay india,because we dont list more then MRP,ponds give discount for retailers just 6-7% on MRP,i list in mrp and sell this item after i will pay for paispay charge 4% and ebay FVF 5% and listing fees etc Service tax on total fees etc.. so it could not possible in listing with Rupees,thanks"

What I could understand from the response is that ebay India charges excessive fee in comparison with ebat international sites. That's too bad!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Excessive fee?

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear winsnewlife,

Firstly, welcome to our community boards and thank you for taking efforts to start this discussion thread.

Different sellers have different business models and different sources to buy inventory. Our team constantly evaluates seller's profitability on our platform and take appropriate steps towards defining the pricing model. For instance, back in July 2007 we reduced Final Value Fees for Technology categories to flat 1% from an average of 5%. This was purely done keeping in mind challenges being faced by technology sellers due to low margins.

We also provided great incentive to business sellers by making Insertion fees beyond 1500 rupees free so that they are not being charged if they are looking at establishing a business on eBay.

Having said the above, I'd like to also highlight that there numerous products being sold on eBay and hence to define differential pricing for every product is not feasible.

I hope you would agree with me that making such a judgement on a particular seller's inputs won't be correct.

Please let me know if i have addressed your concerns.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel

Having said
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Excessive fee?

winsnewlife
Community Member
Yea I know the fee has gone done, don't know about becoming Paisa Pay verified and fee on that. But it's just too sad to know that Indian sellers prefer to list items on ebay international sites and not here. And we don't even have those products listed by any other on ebay India. I hope things would improve in the future, and we get to see more daily-use products here on ebay India so that we won't have to pay extra while buying on ebay International sites due to shipping costs.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Excessive fee?

Hi,
About 15% of my listings are in international site.The listing fee,FVF and PayPal charges are very high.Besides home-site is friendlier to any seller.
Ebay highlights items with free shipping tag,but if I sell at 2 dollars free shipping,I am left with just 25 cents.Is it worth?But if I sell for 95 Rs free shipping at home site,I am still left with a dollar.
I list in international site for viewership.That is very important for me because my class of items have very very limited buyers.Home site will never be able to give me that.
Indian buyers from Mumbai,B'lore and AP are extremely good and they have real buying power.
Lastly,the community is good.May be next to UK.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Excessive fee?

winsnewlife
Community Member
I see different sellers have different views. Still I long for products variety here on ebay, for eg. local beauty products, every-day-use products, pet products like accessories and food...now if we only had all these varieties on ebay India, hmmm...
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Excessive fee?

gifts-mart
Community Member
Hi there , Sapna or Inderneel.
We are selling at ebay since last 3 years but having a bunch of problems.
We are not orgnised .Can u please inform how we can do this auto mode.
Waitng
Thanks
Gauhar
Message 6 of 6
latest reply