cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ebay's Rs. 500 cheating using the survey bait

prem_roops
Community Member
EBay conducted a survey recently and promised Rs. 500 as compensation for the time spent on the survey.

EBay did send a coupon for Rs. 500 but with a minimum purchase of Rs. 7500, this is bad practice and the effort spent on the survey is useless. This is plain cheating.

You lost a prospective buyer...
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

goodboy0
Community Member
EBay Cheats
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

prem_roops
Community Member
ebay sent a standard reply, they termed this cheating as a typo error ]:)

How convienient, I wish I had such liberties in real life.

We regret for the miscommunication and inconvenience caused due to a typo error in the coupon email.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Dear members,
Weโ€™re extremely sorry for the miscommunication in this regard. We forgot to mention the cap that had been set against the coupon owing to a manual mistake. You are most valued as our customers and we hope you can overlook this as a one-off error. Meanwhile, we will continue bringing the best of deals and offers to you.

Regards,
Team eBay India
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

poonam.sindher
Community Member
they could have mentioned in Survey.
But this standard reply coz they wanted to this

Regards
Poonam
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

2012nandy
Community Member
eBay, you ought to be ASHAMED of yourselves for giving such a lame excuse! In fact, even without taking the survey, I had a voucher with better terms. Of course, now, after what you have done, I have not utilized the other voucher either.

SHAME, SHAME! You could have been more graceful about the whole thing. I will make sure I spread anti-eBay messages everywhere.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

ralphmenezes
Community Member
Yes they just keep saying Sorry and thinking everything will pass. I am a student of Management and I know thoroughly what Market Research does and how helpful it can be to generate insights. Things like this are rarely an error and it is clearly evident that such an act has been done on purpose.
We want a reply from E-Bay as to how we will get compensated for this. WE DO NOT WANT YOUR PROMISE OF BEST OFFERS AND DEALS

Remember that trust can take a long time to gain but only a minute to be lost and you can be assured that you have lost the trust of many, including me. Your credibility and integrity in the market is certainly questionable.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

prahul1
Community Member
We all should stop buying from ebay and post in US media such that it will affet the ebay share price.

Thanks
Rahul P
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

iamthegreat2012
Community Member
friends they suspended my account
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

kumartalllapaka
Community Member
i bought a bumper i didnt get order reply upto now...!
Message 10 of 14
latest reply