Ebay Summer Promotions (May 2012) final noitice

roninray
Community Member
Why ther is NO response from Ebay about the summer promo gifts ??? when will you give my summer promo gift ?? Are you cheating us ????

I am now thinking of moving to consumer court for legal action against eBay
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

spl_ind
Community Member
It takes 45 to 60 days.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

roninray
Community Member
20th June 2012 was last date to select gift. We are in 27th Sept 2012. You can count it is more then 90 days. I think eBay just misguiding its customer and try to boost sale with false promotions.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

gulshan.agr
Community Member
I am yet to recieve my free gift from the Summer Promotions (May 2012). I had purchased an item with Paisa pay id - 31400387335. Then I selected my gift as Micromax handset. Around one and half month back I got a call from ebay saying that the micromax phone which I selected is no longer manufactured. He offered me a choice between two other handset. I had mentioned my choice as Micromax A45. But I am yet to get the gift.

I understand that it takes 45 days. But now it has been more than 100 days. Its totally unacceptable. I have raised issue on their Customer Care Chat system on 30th August, then on 3rd September, then on 5th September, 13th September and on 21st September.

Only I thing is, that the issue has been escalated, I will hear soon, 'as soon as possible', 7 days and so on.

I am very disappointed. After using all sort of online shopping sites like flipkart, snapdeal, tradus etc, i can guarantee that eBay's support sucks the most.

I am now thinking of moving to consumer court for legal action against eBay.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

joshin1991
Community Member
I am Joshin a p.g student and I am doing a project on the topic peoples altitudes towards E-shopping.It will be immense help to me if u can share your experience on ebay. If interested plz send ur mail id to the following mail address joshin9961@gmail.com

thank you
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@roninray... Have you received your gift?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

roninray
Community Member
No , but sending legal notice within three days to ebay .
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@roninray... Going to Consumer Court will be a waste of time and money. You paid for the item and not for the free gift. Court can help you for the item and not for the free gifts. Legally speaking, it will be very difficult for you to prove that you are a consumer.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

roninray
Community Member
i have already taken legal advice who says it will be from cosumer court . i have legal base . If i am right why to worry , now ebay should worry .
Message 9 of 9
latest reply