Ebay Guarantee processing very poor

I received faulty rechargeable batteries and got in touch with the Seller. He accepted the problem and promised a full refund but advised me to open a claim. Fair enough.

• 25 Mar 2015. I register the claim.
  • 26 Mar 2015. Ebay calls me. That was quick ... unfortunately, the guy isn't quite clear but part of the message is that I am eligible for a refund of 110% of the value. Great. A while later, I get an email in which I am told that my claim has been rejected. In the "notes", it is mentioned, "You will receive a coupon of 110% of Item value. It will be sent to your registered email address, and you can expect to receive it within 7-10 business days". Huh? A coupon? The ebay guy did not tell me that. Ok, whatever, but I'm thinking "why should a coupon take so long?"
  • 05 Apr 2015. No coupon as yet. I reply to the earlier "you will get a coupon" email. 
  • 07 Apr 2015. Still no coupon. No reply to my email, either. So, I send another email.
  • 09 Apr 2015. No coupon, no reply to email. I call up eBay. Now, they want to give me the coupon code on the phone. I ask him to send it by email. He replies, "that will take 7 to 10 business days, but you can take it by phone now". I ask to speak to his supervisor because I am irritated that I had to do all the work to get this darn coupon code. He puts me on hold. After about 6 minutes of holding, I hang up.
  • 09 Apr 2015. I call again after about 15 minutes, speak to somebody different, and quietly take the coupon code on the phone.

This is the definition of poor service.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0