cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Guarantee Claim a sham, Pathetic customer support

I had ordered a laptop on ebay and paid for the same by my credit card on 10th of Feb 2014 to gift to my wife on valentine's day. The expected date of delivery by the seller was supposed to be on 13th of Feb. I have faced following problems:

1. Delievery issues.

2. Laptop defective.

3. No invoice provided.

4. Laptop warranty - 6 months expired

5. Poor customer support from Claims and Customer care department

Claim no 414151

Details of issue below:

1. The laptop was shipped only on 15th Feb and delievered to my place on 17th Feb instead of 13th of Feb.

(Fact - At the time of purchase of laptop - the delivery time was supposed to be by 13th Feb based on my pincode checked by Ebay.

Resolution provided by Ebay - Product should not be received at all which may not be practical always if the courier person delievers to servant, neighbours etc). The purpose of gift on valentines day is defeated.

2. The laptop was found to have a thin defect line on display -

Facts:

a. Matter raised to ebay on 17th Feb itself  incswebhelp@ebay.com. Pics of issue on laptop also provided in email.

b. Matter was raised to seller on 17th Feb itself to following. Pics of issue on laptop also provided in email.

c. Matter was discussed with seller on 18th Feb and again on 19th Feb and on 19th Feb seller says he is awaiting instructions from Ebay.

d. Ebay Guarantee Claim was filed on 19th Feb by me on Ebay website and a claim opened by Ebay 414151. Pics of issue provided while opening the claim.

e. Ebay team says they do not have pics so pics again provided.

f. I was advised by Ebay on 22nd Feb -

"Please forward an Authorized Letter from any merchant who deals into such items stating that the item is not working . Authorized letter must contain appraiser?s name, contact No. And his complete address.  Kindly send us the scanned document in JPEG or PDF format on insellerverification@ebay.com

g. 23rd Feb being sunday, Lenovo service centre was visited on 24th Feb (Monday) and they agree that there is a think line appearing in display and agree to the defect and they offer to resolve the defect by repair. I refused to get it repaired and take a copy of the service slip document confirming the defect and specifying the defect.

Copy of the same sent to Ebay.

Resolution suggested by Ebay - I should obtain DOA document from Lenovo service centre. But since the person looking into the case is absent they will confirm only when that person is available as he is looking into the cases.

I understood - from Lenevo - DOA document is generaly issued in cases of refund claim in cases of such defect and involves a process by Lenovo.

My Concern - Why should i chase Lenovo for refund claim and what is the purpose of Ebay Guarantee if i finally have to go manufacturer just because the defective product is delievred to me. What is the role of seller and what is the role of Ebay here ?

I have provided sufficient proofs and i should not be harassed just because i have a purchased a product online and done all my duties.  I am really loosing confidence they way my claim is being handled.

3. No Invoice delievered on the product.

Seller is saying i should talk to Ebay and Ebay is saying seller will provide. I do not know what to do.

4. Laptop already regsitered with warrant since 6th September 2013 and to expire on 5th October 2014  - This means 6 months warranty alsmost aready expired.

Resolution/Suggestion by Ebay - They need a proof in written from Lenovo. The details are already available from Lenovo website and can be checked by Ebay/Seller. Is this not harrasment ?

On speaking to Lenovo - They are asking for invoice to check warranty but neither Ebay nor seller has provided me any invoice.

5.  Poor customer support and Claim support - The customer and claim support from ebay is expected to be with a attitude to resolve customer issues to their convinience where a customer has genuinely done his duty. You should not harass him for some thing beyond his control. I am being harassed to leave all my work and roam about fighting with everybody to get my money back. Why should i approach the manufacturer for refund - when my claim is covered by Ebay guarantee. This is really unjust on part of Ebay and seller.

Further - the ebay always saying that they will discuss with seller when i have proved that the product is defective. What more proof they want. Time is flying and my whole purpose of purchase of laptop gets spoilt because i cannot even use it as a defective product is delievered and i should wait for Ebay response and refund.

Pratik Bhansali

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

r.jagga
Community Member

Ebay is an American money making racket.

They are never bothered about what the sellers deliver to the buyer.

Your is not a unique case.

It takes ebay over a month to refund money when items are not dispatched.

Most sellers do not list correct nos so it is difficult to contact them. Ebay expects one to provide the preliminary response from the seller before they takeup the matter themselves.

Seller giving intentionally wrong dispatch details takes weeks before ebay will even bother to listen to you. and then the wait for refund begins.

This is not a shopping site where one should pay first. COD is best option since then one is not taken for a ride...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your mail.  How will COD will also help in such cases. I need to open the parcel and somethings can only get detected after observoing it for some more time and cash needs to be paid immediately by checking the basic package.

What is the way we can best fight out such cases.

I have done my every part which i could do. Are we supposed to get the refund into the bank account of Ebay/Seller and they simply do not do anything. The day i received my product it was detected with a manufacturing defect and same day compliant was raised with them. Therafter manufacturer has also confirmed that there is a defect which is repairable. But why should i get it repaired on day 1 of purchase.

Ebay Guarantee is just a big sham in the name of sales promotion by Ebay. Or else some people in Ebay are not doing their work properly or there is a fraud loop between Ebay and Seller (Future Group here) and may be even manufacturer to sell defective products and make money out of it.

Is there any real good forum to adress such issues where we can get results.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you have a purchase protection on your credit card contact your credit card company.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

megha_int
Community Member
Ya I agree.. Its a disgusting site.. Nt at all trustworthy..
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I am also facing the same situation ....can you help help me know how you sorted this out ?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply