cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery of items via ebay - rethink to use ebay again

jinuvraj3383
Community Member
Hi,
I'm a new buyer via ebay. Last week I ordered 7 different items via ebay. Most of them are received.We are staying at an appartment complex having three security gates and most of security persons didn't know english. Most of the courier companies like Blue Drat & Professional (except Aramex)delivered the items to the security persons without informing to us. And the items kept unuttended the whole day in the open air desk of security person. Finally somehow we found the items.
If the things are like this i need to rethink to use ebay.. I'm not at all satisfied with delivery system followed by ebay. Atleast the items to be delivered against an address/ID proof. It is good for the further business, if you take clarifications from the irresponsible courier companies. Please don't make trouble to the customers
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

photoshopindia
Community Member
ebay is not tied up with courier companies yet, it is the seller who selects the courier company.

And for your kind info security personnel's doesn't allow delivery boys to visit the apartment of their own.

Or the security personnel's take the delivery and dispatch the parcel later.

Seller or ebay is not responsible for this issue. Better tell security guards to allow courier boys to visit your apartment.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@jinuvraj3383...

How will ebay or the seller located thousand kms away from you solve your society security issue. It is your society's duty to see that the parcels are delivered to the residents of the building, not the other way round. Or get the security to buzz you on the intercom when your parcel arrives. You residents should take up this issue with your managing committee.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Dear Sir, This is thing not only a problem of eBay but also of entire courier system. Why dont you address this issue of all the courier companies instead of sellers or portals!
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

jinuvraj3383
Community Member
You may forget your basic rights. If a courier/parcel delivered to you against valid ID/address proof. In my case only two courier companies (Aramex & Indiapost) done in a proper way, that they delivered to door step against ID proofs. And one item delivered by Blue Drat, been handed over by a kind resident of our nearest community and he does not belongs to our residence colony. At least the sellers/ebay have to make sure that the items delivered to safe hands with proper ID proofs. This is not a responsibility of the buyer. Most of the year I'm residing abroad and there we're not facing these type of problems from same corier companies. This is question of value of service. If they are too busy or something else, they can coordinate with the person to whom the item to be delivered. These things to be ensured by the seller or ebay before shipping to the buyer. These are not free services and IT'S A PREPAID SERVICE.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Ebay is not responsible for that. The Courier company is responsible for that. so You have to contact the Customer care department of the Respective courier and Tell them that they are not correctly delivering the item
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@jinuvraj3383...

You are again talking something irrelevant and you are also skirting the main issue. Why in the first place does your building security accept parcels from the courier companies tell me that first ????. Everything else we will talk later.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
Don't try to find fault with Blue Dart (not Blue Drat there is no courier in that name). They are the most reputed courier company. When they are forced to leave the parcel to the security gate, it is not their fault. It the squarely your fault, since you have not instruced the security persons to allow the courier boy to your flat. What don't you raise this issue to the AGM of your socity, rather than finding fault with eBay.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
After getting the shipping details from the Seller, take a printout and give it to the Security in advance. Ask them to call you or just receive on your behalf.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply