Deception by Sky Ways

nnacharya
Community Member
On July 21st, I had purchased a SAMSUNG DVD + VCR COMBO for Rs15150/= with shipment inclusive through eBay. First, the vender informed me that I will not be able to record a TV program on the VCR, in which case he said that he would refund the money that was already debited from my credit card.

However, he has not yet refunded the money, nor initiated the process. The irony is that eBay says that they will not take any action until the vender initiates the refunding process.

It is clear that the rules protect the venders.

What am I to do?

Narendra N. Acharya [14Dec2006]
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Deception by Sky Ways

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Narendra N. Acharya,

Hello,

On 02-Aug-2006 you left a positive for him....

"Very HONEST seller. Item was not working well, so wished to refund. A+++..."

The transaction is very old and you should have followed it up early with ebay.

The Seller seems to be sincere and honest with 99.5% rating. If you have returned the Item recently and in good condition then am sure he would refund your money without any if's and but's.

Be in touch with him over phone to sort out the matter.

best regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Deception by Sky Ways

sky.way
Community Member
Dear nnacharya,

Please mention the whole story properly.

You purchased the item and then said that you dont want it and wished to get a refund.

I said that the refund will be initiated in the same mode of payment which was city bank cradit card.

Then you started saying that oh citi bank people are crooks and i have stopped banking with them. You wanted a direct refund and it was clearly explained to you that a direct refund cannot be given as we can give you a refund with the same mode of payment and that was paisapay.

Your refund was done at the same time.

If you have any problem with citi bank, then you can solve it with them. It is useless giving me calls and explaining that citi bank is a fruad.

I have done as per eBay policy and have given a refund by paisapay.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Deception by Sky Ways

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Narendra N. Acharya,

Hello,

It seems that sky.way and he has already refunded you the money, to the original mode of payment.

He has done as per ebay rules and regulations.

The point is whether you have received the money back or not. You shouldn't loose the Item as well as the money.

Kindly let the Community know about it.
It would be great if the matter is resolved amicabily.

Hope you will reply on this thread.

best regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Deception by Sky Ways

nnacharya
Community Member
Sorry for this long delay in responding. I saw your questions just a short while ago.

The story:

Sky Ways' owner told me to give him a good remark first before he sent the item. That is why I gave him a good A+++. He then told me (on my phone) that the item that he had with him was slightly defective, in which case I asked him to refund the money.

This did not take place, because Citibank told me that there has been a debit of that amount to eBay, but no credit of that amount. The monthly statement from Citibank also did not show any credit, but it did show the amount debit.

I managed to get the owner's mobile number, and began to communicate with him directly. He finally agreed to send the (defective) item, but it never came. Later, whenever I called, he disconnected. It was no longer possible to contact him.

I wrote to eBay directly, and received a VERY caustic letter from someone, that eBay "does not respond to SPAM". Since then, there was absolutely no way by which I could take up the matter.

I, therefore, lost my Rs. 15,150/-. And, I have not received the Samsung VCR+DVD combo yet.

Sincerely,
Narendra N. Acharya [05-Jan-2008]
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Deception by Sky Ways

techniwas
Community Member
Thats sad,

Please ask the seller to forward you the confirmation mail received from Paisa Pay initiating the refund.

And write to eBay again using the help link!

use this: http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/result_2_6_2.html?

YOu can also call Paisa Pay to confirm the same.

TechiE
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Deception by Sky Ways

CONGRATS techniwas for your achievement ! The Green Star !!

Keep up the good work going !

Cheers
Meenu

Message 7 of 7
latest reply