DTDC courier - attrocious service

yamini2010
Community Member
Dear eBay Team

I live in the pin code 600041 at chennai. Recently i bought an item on the 10th Sept 2011 in eBay. The buyer promptly couriered the item thro DTDC on 14th Sept at Bombay. The item reached Chennai on 16th Sept. It was not delivered till 20th Sept. I called up DTDC and no one picks up the phone. I wrote to the seller who wrote to DTDC. I get a mail on the 21st from DTDC that i need to go and collect the packet from their office, which is 6 KMs away. I refused doing so. And due to high pressure they delivered the packet on the 23rd. After keeping it with them for one week.
I strongly recommend eBay to instruct all its sellers not to have DTDC as their courier. Only such prompt actions can discipline DTDC and protect the buyer, seller and eBay's reputation
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The seller must have chosen the slow service D.T.D.C Blue,which is cheaper than the faster service D.T.D.C Plus.In D.T.D.C. blue service parcels are couriered by train,so it normally takes a week to deliver.While D.T.D.C plus service parcels are delivered through air service so it gets delivered in 24hrs.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree with yamini2010 DTDC have worst service in Chennai city they hold the shipment and deliver it whenever they feel like or when a complain is given against that delivery branch.I request all seller to use Professional Courier for Chennai city and Tamil Nadu but with good packing.No courier can beat Professional Courier in Tamil Nadu. I am also from Chennai.

Thank You
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

kaiin77
Community Member

Recently i bought an item on the 15th june 2015 in eBay. The buyer promptly couriered the item thro DTDC on 16th. The item reached panipat on 19th sept. It was not delivered till 24th June. I called up DTDC and some one picks up the phone and answer that we have received your pocket and it will be delivered after another week. After keeping it with another one week.
I strongly recommend eBay to instruct all its sellers not to have DTDC as their courier. Only such prompt actions can discipline DTDC and protect the buyer, seller and eBay's reputation. My experience is poor and i will not purchase any thing from e bay.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes.  DTDC is really a pain.....

Why ebay sellers choose DTDC?  20bucks in their pocket???

Took  10 days to get it delivered from MUMBAI to MUMBAI (in my case)

Its not 1990s.  Shame...

ebay should do something abt it..

Also sellers should always mention the courier service they are going to use.  So that we can think whether to buy or not.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Sir I recently bought a Samsung evo memory card 17th February 2016 in ebay but didn't receive the item. So pls send my item at my place
Message 6 of 6
latest reply