Coupons instead of cash

hsundar
Community Member

While resolving refund claims ebay says it will give me eBay coupons instead of cash 🙂 

So my question to ebay is this.. When ordering products on your site i pay using cash( & not some random coupon) So Aren't u supposed to give my moneyback if not dont call your guarantee as money back guarantee.. 🙂 

A ebay coupon is useless to me as i don't intend to shop on ebay any further. 

To give you an example I mean if i order a ebay proudct and opt to pay by cash and @ the time of taking delivery can i give you flipkart.com coupons will you accept it & deliver the order to me ??

Ebay you should walk the talk... If you give me (irrelevant) coupons during refund you should also accept irrelevant coupons during delivery

Thanks

Hari

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Coupons instead of cash

As far as I know ebay refunds via the method by which payment is made. If you have to ship the product back to seller then the shipping charge is reimbursed via ebay coupon which I guess is reasonable.

Can you explain in detail what was the product you purchased and what was the payment mode?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Coupons instead of cash

I read the another thread and after some search found that you had bought a table for around Rs 1400.

As I had written earlier ebay reimburse shipping chare via coupon as they dont have any other method to do that. Generally it is not an issue but in your case it was since the product was big and shipping charge was high.

Ebay guarantee is not a full proof method. Generally I purchase from reputed sellers and incase of any issue contact the seller first before opening a claim. Generally sellers are helpful and there is no requirement of ebay guarantee.

The 2 days Time that ebay gives is an issue and unreasonable. There should be atleast 7 days Time to ship the product back.

Sellers have the option to ship by powership (Ebay's service) or by themselves.

For sellers with powership ebay had come up with reverse logistics though I am not sure whether it has been implemented.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Coupons instead of cash

Regarding Coupons instead of cash:

Please do not try to tone down the issue. I really dont understand how coupon is a valid replacement for money. Other smaller start ups do a bank transfer for you to return your money back. So i totally disagree when you say it is "reasonable" to accept ebay coupons. Let me ask  you this question then so if i order a ebay product and give jabong.com coupons instead of cash during delivery will you as seller/ebay accept this in lieu of money ? An ebay coupon is worthless to me. 

Another important thing is i was not able to give negative feedback 🙂 because it said the shipping is done by EBAY. What the #### ??? If shipping is done by Ebay then why ebay cannot arrange for reverse pick up. And on top of it prevent me from commenting on the shipping 🙂 THis is a clear case of suppressing customer grievances.

Regarding contacting seller:

You think i didnt contact the seller. I contacted the seller who distanced himself from the issue completely and said this is ebays problem you raise claim with them. I had 2 email conversations with the seller and the conclusion was i-as-seller-have-nothing-to-do-with-this

NO ifs here.. This is a clear case of conning a honest customer.  There is no reason why i think i would ever shop on ebay. THis is a clear case of suppressing customer grievances. Why can't i write a review that will come up along with that product so that it is visible for others to see and then decide to buy or not. Customer reviews are burried deep inside merchant pages. A negative review like this should be listed along with the product & merchant & EBAY in general so that other buyers are not conned by ebay.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Coupons instead of cash

There is no use arguing with Me. I have just written the facts how things work on ebay and why the negative feedback is removed.

Neither I am advocating ebay nor do I have any reason to do so.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply