Conned by ebay Guaranttee

hsundar
Community Member

ebay Guarantee is the biggest joke that i have experienced. There is absolutely no guaranttee what so ever. 

I received a broken product and i logged a complaint immediately. 

I had attached photos of the broken product in my claim. At first my claim was sent back to me because it seems i should have asked the delivery person to assemble the product ( a table) and only then taken delivery. Is this even possible ? And after 3 weeks of follow up on day suddenly i got a mail saying that i have to bear the cost of shipping this item back and this needs to be sent back in 2 days. They took 3 weeks to decide on this issue but give me only 2 days to respond. I was on an international travel and i got my folks back home to enquire about how to ship this big parcel of table back. (for which i had to bear the cost) 

When i enquired in speed post they are saying they wont accept a table until it is packed in a big cloth bag and sealed properly. The cost of such a packing + the speed post cost was estimated to be around 500+ Rs and ebay says they will give me some coupon. for this 500. 

My question to ebay is this..

If i order a product from you and it is delivered broken isn't it your responsibility to arrange for reverse pickup ?

Also is it fair on your part when u say taht you are going to give me coupons instead of cash ? To give you an example I mean if i order a ebay proudct and opt to pay by cash and @ the time of taking delivery can i give you some other coupons or  will u accept it ?? 

I asked the same to the eBay customer care and it was treated very rudely by them 🙂 Their voice agent was screaming at me when i asked the above question. 🙂 I mean if you will give me some useless coupons instead of cash then you must be ready to accept coupons when customers want to pay by some other non-relevant coupon @ the time of CoD Fair enough ??

Ebay you just lost 1 loyal customer of 6 years... Even smaller startups are much better in customer care and arranging reverse pick up. 
If you cannot keep your customers happy i dont see any reason to shop with you any more...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

hi sundar,

I empathise with your situation. Let me narrate my experience. I had bought a pair of  logitech speakers for rs 8300/- on 14th nov from ebay seller. Seller had promised to ship it within 2 days.  The item was shipped only on 27th november, a good 2wks later. They promised that it wud be delivered by 3rd dec. However the item was delivered to me only on dec 13th that too after I had to run around the courier delivery office 3-4 times n make numerous std calls to courier company. The seller was nowere to be seen during this period. Absolutely no contact from seller. None of the timeline guarentees provided by ebay were adhered to. I had written several letters to ebay & lodged complaint with ebay guarentee. Absolutely no reply from ebay CS . All that I got from them was stunning deafening silence.

Finally when I received the product I left a negative feedback for the seller. To my astonishment i now discover that my negative feedback has been deleted by ebay one day after it was posted. Again this was done without communicating with me.

In short I draw the following inferences :

1. ebay timeline guarentee is a farce. they will not support the buyer incase something goes wrong.

2. ebay doesnt bother about customer service . they dont communicate with you if you write to them.

3. The feedbacks shown for the seller are manipulated by ebay according to their convenience .

4. If all goes well during a transaction its your good luck. I f a problem arises dont  expect ebay CS to help you out.

thats been my experience n I have decided never to go back to ebay. My advice to all prospective customers would be same.

I cann't still believe that my feedback has been deleted without my consent !

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay has its shipping service "powership". Sellers have the option to opt for it or send products themselves.

I would explain the working of powership to tell what might have happened in your case.

Suppose you buy a product from a seller who has powership-

1.) You purchase a product.

2.) The seller gets a notification and a courier company (fedex, bluedart,aramex or dtdc) is assigned to get the courier.

3.) The seller has to pack the product and mark it as "ready to ship" on ebay.

Technically after that the seller's work is over. What should and generally happens is the assigned courier company picks the parcel and get it delivered.

However there have been many cases where the courier companies do not go to pick the parcel. Sellers keep writing emails to ebay and courier companies but the parcel is not picked resulting in delays.

Since there is no fault of seller ebay removes ALL negative feedback related to shipping Time if the seller has powership. That must have happened in your case.

Whats wrong from the seller side in this case was he should have tried to get it delivered fast and if there were powership issues he should have informed you in advance. Shipping should be an issue of the seller and not the buyer.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

rraju2013
Community Member

MY NAME IS R.APPALA RAJU I PERCHAGED MICROMAX CANVAS A116 BATTERY IN ONLINE MyPaisaPay . battery receved at11am on21/12/13.but battery is not working. pleasa solve this problem.                                                                                                                  

thankyou.

with regurds

R.Appala raju.

<script type="text/javascript">// var vglnk = { api_url: '//api.viglink.com/api', key: 'a187ca0f52aa99eb8b5c172d5d93c05b' }; // </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js"></script>
Message 4 of 4
latest reply