cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint against ebay india. Is this how a multi-national is run?

rakuma_505
Community Member

ebay - India inappropriately refunded my sale proceeds, violting their own instructions.Here is how they did it:

I listed a cell phone on ebay.in and sold it on Jan.19, 2017. The buyer deposited the sale price through PaisaPay and this was communicated to me by email on the same day. I was given three days to ship the item by Jan. 22. I pointed out to them that Jan. 22nd is a Sunday. I was told to ask the buyer for more time. There was no reply from the buyer but I saw instructions stating that I should enter shipping details by Jan. 25th. I took a screenshot of these instructions. I shipped the item on Jan. 21st by SpeedPost of India Post and obtained tracking number. On Sunday, Jan. 22nd and also on 23rd I did not check my email or ebay, thinking that I have time till 25th to enter shipping details. To my surprise I found that the buyer complained of not receiving the item on 23rd Jan., barely 4 days after paying for the item. Even more surprising, eBay immediately initiated refund process even though they have given me till 25th,Jan. to enter shipping details. Even their FAQ no.1 says sellers have 5 days to enter details. I have a screenshot of this answer. My many complaints fell on deaf ears and I received one confusing reply on 26th from eBay India Customer Service,(inlogistics@ebay.com) which did not address the issue. To my reply to this message, I received another email on 27th Jan. from a Mr. Dhananjay (customerhelp_in@ebay.com) saying that they are looking into my claim. It has been fifteen days and I have not heard from them again inspite of my reminder. I have presented proof that I have followed all the instructions and eBay has not denied my assertions. Meanwhile, on Jan. 27th, the item was delivered to the buyer(Jan.26th was national holiday). I have informed this to ebay and showed them proof by way of a screenshot from India Post. But they ignored this fact and refunded the buyer's money. My claim is the following: 1. I sold my item on ebay.in and followed instructions and shipped the item within the specified time. 2. Ebay-India refunded money to the buyer even though I have not violated their instructions, even though they knew that I shipped within time, even though they knew that the buyer received the item. Under the circumstances, ebay is responsible for the money I lost due to their negligence. However, there is no way I can report this to eBay headquarters.

I tried to file a claim under seller protection but the links take you on a merry-go-round and land you in buyer protection and your records will not be found. I found an email address in that maze and filed a claim with all the proofs. I sent the email but to this date I did not receive any acknowledgement. y chat with customer service drew a blank and they do not know anything. Their answer to everything is to ask me to wait. Is this how a multinational is run in India? Does the headquarters know what is happening here? If anyone knows how to communicate with them, let me know.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0