cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Competition Getting Toughest on Ebay Site

From last 2-3 Months i observed that competition is getting tough/throat cutting on ebay.
now there is very cheap margins on deals. sellers are selling the items at very very low margins. and apart from that hard ebay policies
i think only genuine sellers can survive on ebay.
i am worried about online business. and i will have to think the next steps.
whats your opinion!!
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

harshcorp05
Community Member
completely agree with you sir its getting really tough to coupe up but competition is part of business ๐Ÿ™‚ it strengthens my will to do more.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

photoshopindia
Community Member
New Seller just sell cheap items and vanish from ebay, creating trouble for good sellers.

Its my request to all all ebay buyers, do check the feedback score before buying.

Quality matters
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

@kumar.m...
@photoshopindia...
@harshcorp05...

Your observation is very true. I have also notice a rise in a number of sellers with low feedback selling everything from underwear to mobile phones to lipstick to spoons at throw away prices. If you read the listing it is very apparent that the seller has no knowledge about the product at all. All these are fly by night sellers who will disappear after making money and then open shop again with some new id.

This is really becoming a big problem on ebay and due to this sales has gone down to a great extent.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

harshcorp05
Community Member
@ Raj

very true sir i particularly am from the tech category and mainly deal in mobile phones these new sellers are listing the phones at such low prices that's not even the actual landing of the phone then buyers complain of getting cheated because of various reasons.

Sales are at a total southward direction.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

@Raj

i also agree to this.New seller have started selling cheap stuff and creating problem for genuine seller
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

tej-india
Community Member
These dyas sale on ebay is also very low. There is a very few order in last 7 days
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@raj
@harshcorp05
@reliable
Very well said Harshcorp. I am amazed people selling nokia n97 for mini for 17K, where as DP for Nokia N97 mini is 19,339.00 means no dealer or distributor can sell & bill below this price. I have brought few listings in Nokia India's notice, lets see what happens.

What these guys do is, open the box and replace the accessories with Chinese ones and seal pack the box again. ultimately giving bad experiences to the buyer. In the end, we guys get affected.

Some one told me, greed has no backbone, but here i can see greed standing upright and erect and seeing me eye to eye and I am helpless for the reason, eBay India is lead bothered to check with the company (in this case Nokia).

Hope, eBay wakes up before its too late for some thing to be done.

Regards buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Hi mobile-phone-etc,
The truth is hard to digest.
We all have to pay for this.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ mobile-phones-etc

You have made some very serious points which should be looked into by eBay.

But I have a little doubt, that changing accessories which you told can also be done by offline shopkeepers. But once customer finds out he will never come again to that shop. Also say there is a particular market where a majority of sellers are doing this cheating he will probably not return to that market.

Same thing applies to Online Market that is eBay, say a couple of sellers are cheaters and they fall to such low levels as of changing original accessories with Chinese one's. What genuine sellers who understand the category can do is point them out in open in this community. So that the name of the entire market is not spoiled. This thing was done in case of RayBan Sunglasses, where couple of sellers selling duplicate were brought out in open with solid proof by fellow sellers.

There is no stopping these flyby night sellers/fraudsters. Also we should not expect eBay to do anything about them for obvious reasons. What we have to do is keep the market place clean ourself. if some genuine seller like you points fingers at some dubious sellers we will all stand behind you.

With this buyers' will be aware and would avoid such fraudsters..

Linus Studios
Message 10 of 26
latest reply