cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Claim filed through eBay Guarantee Program

We have noticed that when a buyer files a claim through eBay Guarantee Program, we do not get any intimation from eBay either through e-mail or SMS. This does not allow us to take action to resolve buyer's problems immediately.

The eBay claims adjuster calls after nearly 3 weeks after a claim has been filed and sets up a conference call with the buyer and ask us to resolve buyer's claim then and there itself.

This is very unfair as a seller because its impossible to solve the buyer's problems on the spot unless the seller is given the claim's information earlier.

Also, since we were not aware that claims were filed by the buyers, it resulted in accumulation of claims against us (3 in number), as a result eBay's monthly evaluation automatically changed our performance rating directly from "Above Standard" to "Below Standard" (even though we are Silver power sellers having 99.5% feedback). This is very unfair on eBay's part as the sellers are made to suffer because of the technical glitch on part of eBay of not sending email communications properly

Interestingly, when claims are filed through "Significantly Not as Per Description", then we do get the e-mail communication.

Are other sellers also facing the same problem? What should be done in this case?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

vikas.puri
Community Member
I am a buyer who has filed a claim on Ebay on 14th August as the item was not as per description. The seller do agrees to it and very willing to take the item back. But Ebay hasnt even called me for a single time since 14th august. That means both the seller and buyer are left in a fix because of the poor processes at Ebay.

I have also opened a message on this discussion board named "Escalation is Sham on Ebay". You can go there and read/reply your evaluation as both of us are suffering from poor processes at ebay.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

frendz_shop
Community Member
Same Here
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You are lucky that you get a call after 3 weeks, in my case 3 refunds were done without any intimation at all, I came to know of it when I checked my payment summary then I saw the refunds.

In case where ebay has covered me under seller protection there they have not paid me for last 2 months.....tell me now what to do ?????
StopandShop
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@ rajelectroniks

Did you get your items back from buyer? Also are you on express remittance?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Same thing with me. Now a days no one in eBay replying to our post.

Thanks
Message 6 of 6
latest reply