Cheated by iberry India and supported by ebay

Dear Sir,

I am Pritish Sahoo and my ebay Customer ID is pritish.sahooI have been associated with ebay.in member since 2006. You can see from my buying history that I was a frequent and regular buyer of all sorts of stuff from your website. I have purchased laptops, tablets, flowering seeds, plastic bottles, etc….It had been a wonderful experience for all purchases and also you can see my rating as a buyer is very good. No dispute had arisen till a few months back.

Then I purchased an ‘Auxus NOTE 5.5 OCTA CORE Smartphone FINGER PRINT SENSOR 2GB RAM NFC HD iberry’ from ebay.in on 29/08/2014. The Item code is ***  and the paisapay payment id is *** under which an amount of Rupees 12,163.25/- was debited from my bank account to ebay. The seller’s detail is given below ( Third Party seller selling under ebay’s brand name )

After a long wait of 20 days; I received the product finally on 18/09/2014 and to my utter dejection, noticed that it has the following defects:-

1) The major defect is that it is not supporting the ear phones. There was big amount of voice disturbance on plugging the ear phone and the music or voice not audible. I tried with my own ear phone (seinheiser) and the same problem was existing. So it seems the jack of the phone was having some defect. I am on road most of the time and it is difficult to use phone without hands free. 
2) The battery was discharging so fast, cant' believe it is a 3200MAH battery (Hardly 2hrs of talk time or screen applications usage). 
3) The flash light of camera is not working. 
4) Over heating on using the phone for making calls or simply browsing. Can't place the phone on my ear nor use hands free!!

I immediately informed the seller of these issues, but the seller told me that I need to get in touch with the manufacturer iberry to solve the issues. I called the iberry call centre and they told me that I have to send the phone to them for repair and I have to borne the courier charges.

After constant hankering of almost 40 days and escalating the grievance with the ebay.in; your grievance support people told me that I can now send the phone for replacement to the manufacturer. So I immediately did so through DTDC courier K76859575 in its original packing on Nov 3rd 2014.

On Nov. 5th they (iberry) confirmed the receipt of the same and said that there is some kind of physical damage to the phone and so the warranty is void. Then on Nov 17 2014 they said that I had to pay Rs. 9000/- to make all the repairs on the phone. They said that the screen was damaged and it will cost Rs. 8000/- plus to repair the audio jack Rs. 500 and service charge of Rs. 500.

This was completely unacceptable to me, as there was no damage to the screen while sending it in its original pack. It was a clear ploy on the companies part to not provide a replacement. Soon 14/11/2014 I asked for a grievance escalation to the ebay.in head of india CS and was given a serial nos SR# 1-38610747496. They said that the serial number will be updated in two working days and I shall be able to get in touch with the person. After two days I tried the serial number and it did not work. I kept on trying for many days and the service representatives kept on dilly dallying and I could never get in touch. They said that some representative will call and sort this matter out.

Then on 25th Dec 2014 a representative called and said that I should have kept a snap of the phone before sending. I said that it was not physically damaged so I didn’t keep any snap. Otherwise if there was any physical damage I would have taken a snap and informed them.

I request you to do justice to my case. I have been a genuine buyer and I am being harassed for no reason by the iberry company. It is just not possible for me to pay 9000 for a phone which I had bought for Rs. 12,000/-. The company should be honest and send the replacement. Please intervene and do justice to me.

Another issue is that I have lost faith in the transparency of the E-bay system. I had given a negative feedback on the seller with the details of the problem that I am facing with the phone. I was shocked to see that it had been removed by your company the next day. I had been a faithful buyer from e-bay since a long time. But I am completely disillusioned after this transaction. I request you to immediately ask the seller to provide a replacement or refund for the fund.

Regards,

Pritish Sahoo

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0