Cheated by eBay and Seller

zanky78
Community Member

I recently purchased a Seagate external HDD.THis seller sent me a tampered HDD drive which was not working.So I raised a claim and left -ve feedback for this purchase.This seller starts threatening me and told me to removed -ve feedback first otherwise he won't do any help.Despite telling all this to eBay they favoured him .They didn't listened anything and want me to send proof for item is not as described.

Rejected my claim and removed my -ve by themself.They cheated me.So I am going to drag eBay and seller in local consumer court..

If eBay and seller cheated you please fole complaint to consumer court in your local courts..

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I am cheated by eBay and it's seller when I purchased a iPhone. I purchased a iPhone 4s brand new in the month of November 2013. It suddenly went blank on May 2014. When I went to iPhone for repairing they checked the phone and said the unit was sold on 2011 and it is iPhone 4. Also all the internal parts were changed and they refused to repair it. When I spoke to eBay costumer service they said they can not reach the seller and they don't have any responsibility for the goods sold.
I feel the whole eBay is a scam and would strongly suggest to every one not to buy any thing through them. It is simply criminal to sell a product as a new one which is already three years old and all it's parts changed.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Keep updating on How you fight this in Consumer or Civil court.

This thread may or may not get deleted so maintain a separate blog & social network page & jot down each & every point in detail.

Wish you all the best !

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They have deleted it..
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi Sridhar - I'm also victim of cheating by eBay and one of their so-called power seller Mobile*. eBay is very prompt in closing the refum claim after rejecting and passing judgement withour even contacting the buyer. One Mr Sachin calls at my home when I'm not there and just declares to my wife that he is going to reject my claim and close the same. He was also rude and not ready to listen that she was not the buyer and he should talk to me. Despite this he goes on to reject the claim and advises to settle the matter amicably with the seller. And i got a defective mobile (costing 36,600/-) from the cheater seller called Mobile*.

The seller - Mobile* is equally unresponsive and puts the ball in eBay's court saying only eBay can do something. It looks like ebay gives platform to cheaters and working with such sellers to harrase buyers. And if you have ever called their contact centre, you would know how symbolic is their customer contact center. It can keep you on hold without any agent coming to talk to you for anything from 23 minutes to 56 minutes. We should take ebay to consumer court.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply