Can't verify phone number

diffidentboy.shaan
Community Member
I have seller's account and today when i sign in i got this message from ebay saying-

Verify Your Phone Number
To help provide a safe trading environment, eBay members need to have a valid phone number on file. Please work with us to verify or update and verify your phone number by following a few, easy steps. We care about your privacy and encourage you to learn more.

1. Receive an automated call at the the phone number we have on file for you.

2. Remember the PIN (Personal Identification Number) you receive during the call.

3. Return to eBay and enter the PIN.

Click here to Place c
all

Then i tried to place call but i get another error message saying-

The following must be corrected before continuing:
The number you entered is either invalid or is used on too many accoun
ts.

I updated my phone number with my brother's number but same error.Then i talked with live help and he said he can't help me in this!! Now i can't list any item and really pissed of ebay.Can anyone provide me any solution to this problem ?
Regards
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes there is bug in the ebay system and sometimes you get this error message, even I was having the same problem. Please contact ebay customer care by phone and the exec will solve your issue on the phone, they will do a personal verification and validate your account and you will be able to list.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi,

If you have entered a space or a bracket or a '+' sign before the country code 91 such as....

'+91 xxxxxxx' or '+91xxxxxxxxx' or '+91-xxxxxx' or '091 xxxxx' or 091-xxxxxxx'

then try removing the space or the plus sign in the number and enter it as

091xxxxxxx and try to complete the verification after clearing the cache and cookies of your browser.

If this still doesn't work, report it to eBay as there may be a bug.

Kind Regards,
Mustufa
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

angup
Community Member
I hav the same problem.... i tried calling customer care on 18002093229 but it did not connect
cud u please giv me the no on which u called?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

oriflame_in
Community Member
Call the cust care and ask them to update your number...I did that and it worked fine
Message 5 of 5
latest reply