cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buyer on eBay have full freedom to buy an item and then refuse to pay

Hello,
There is full freedomt to buyers on eBay to purchase an item and then refuse to pay or give silly excuses.

I am on eBay from many years and notice that there is absolutely no check on buyers,who buy an item but do not complete the purchase.

Recently one buyer bought an item from me and after waiting for 5-6 days,I requested the buyer to pay.

He did not reply my message and so after again waiting for 2 days, I again sent a message to him.

I got an reply that he will pay next day.

But today I have received below reply from him:

"Hi!
I am very sorry but I have to cancel my order because my girlfriend had access to my eBay account, she picked the stone and we broke up and I am not going to pay for her stone.
Sorry again.
Thank you for your understanding"

So,Its very easy for a buyer to purchase a item and then escape by giving such silly excuses.

I have got many such excuses and reply from other buyers in past.

Unfortunately buyers are free to do anything and there is no check over buyer's activity.

Just filling unpaid item is not a solution as buyer can open new account in just few minutes and they are ready to play once again.

So,Only sellers are bound to complete the deal and buyer can buy an item and can refuse to cancel the deal.

I hope to get reply from ebay and other eBay memberS.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

All I can say is:

โ–บDon't list in Auction format.

โ–บAccept Paisapay as the only payment option.

โ–บConcentrate more on quality sales rather than quantity and have mental peace.

โ–บIt will do you good in the long run.

StopandShop
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello,
Not only they didnt pay, But after ordering and they refused to accept the Parcel at the time of delivery and open the Item not received claim and clearly inform to ebay that they are not interested to take delivery and give them refund and ebay issued them refund and I lost Packing charges and shipping charges and even taking back the parcel is our responsibility, as its a huge amount Furniture Item and shipped through transport company and I lost 12 K... but what to say and where....
nothing...
regrds
handicrafts_store
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi Deepji,
So You will have to wait till that buyer finds another girl. Can that be a ground for cancellation of order? So bad.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 4
latest reply