cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buyer - Not purchased auction won item also rejects cancel transaction case

Dear Friends

I am a new seller and listed some items for auction. Recently one of my item (Item number 261171339227) has ended on bidding and it was won by a buyer on 21/02/2013, after two days i called the buyer and asked him whether is he serious about that product, he told that he is serious and he is not getting time to login and do the transaction. After that, today he send a mail on ebay that he is not going to buy that item as his cards were stolen. I replied him that, it is okay if he didn't purchase the item, but i told him that my listing fees already been deducted by eBay, to get it back i need to open a case and told him to accept that case otherwise i will not get back the listing fees, he agreed for that.

I opened a case saying that "we have booth agreed not to complete the transaction" . after a while buyer has rejected that case which really put me in shock.

Please explain me what i have done wrong in this case, i have kept my items for auction with good intention, to achieve higher customer satisfaction, and this is what i got. when he rejects the case, i spoke to ebay customer representative they told that, it is not possible to return the listing fees as case is rejected by buyer.

1) why my listing fees depends on buyers decision. it is my hard earned money not of the buyers.
2) why eBay is not taking any action on such buyers who were bidding but not ready to buy
3) How seller will grow his business if this is routine practice

How come eBay can give power to buyer, who decides case results opened by seller, eBay should think that all buyer are not aware of policies, and they do not know how their decision affecting on sellers.

In above case i have not sold any thing , no profit, waste of time and loss of money.

Just think in general, if the same bidding was happend in real, i mean not online, in presence of 10-50 people, and in that case if buyers says after winning the bidding that he will not buy the item, do you think the bidding organizing team (in this case its eBay) will leave the buyer?

I request eBay, please think on this seriously. Also i request eBay to provide access to give -ve feedback for buyers who are not serious also wasting others time.

Regards
S Holla
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Learn how to sell on ebay by reading the ebay rules first. It is not so simple to survive on ebay.

We senior sellers on ebay have always advised new seller not to list in auction format in the beginning but not one new seller listens.
StopandShop
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree Raj, that new seller needs to know policies, also he needs guidance from senior sellers like you, But do you think what was happened with me in above case will not happen with senior sellers? or do you mean we should not sell items in auction? i have already sold items in auction, it is the same product which i have explained above, and buyer promptly purchased it.
Do you think what i have suggested above to eBay or buyer is not correct?

If you could point out my loop hole in above case, i will try to overcome from that.

Regards
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

some.ancient.king
Community Member
Hi chandrus_gadget_store,

If you contact eBay customer service, they will be able to credit the FVF charged to you because the winning bidder did not pay and also rejected the cancel transaction offer.

However, before giving you the credit of your FVF, eBay will examine whether it was the buyer who did not intend to pay or you who asked the buyer to cancel the transaction for not receiving the desired bidding amount.

You can list in Auction format because it will help you sell your item soon since you do not have a long selling history. Everyone started from 0 and everyone had their own journey of learning. Don't get disheartened from such incidences. If you list in BIN format, the buyers may not get attracted to your listings since you do not have a back-up of feedback score. Once your feedback score reaches 100, you can switch-over to the BIN format also.

Good Luck,
R.F.H
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hello returned.from.hell,

Thanks for the information, also your reply has motivated me to move further :).
What is BIN format? how to use it? what are the benefits?
Can you please explain in detail.

Regards
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi R.F.H ,

Got it, "Buy It Now" i thought it something new, which i didn't come across.

Thanks for your support.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply