Bidding vs. Buying

mbn65
Community Member
Is eBay an "Auction Site" or a "For Sale Site". What's the point of placing items for sale. If I wanted to purchase an item I would go to a store. I think people should be taught this. Every time I search for an item, it's "buy me now/easy to buy". There should be limits on the number of items placed "for sale", etc. I come here to bid, not buy at a fixed price. This is ridiculous.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Bidding vs. Buying

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi mbn65,

Specially for auction lovers like you, eBay has a couple of features that you might find useful.

here is a link for all products one one paisa free shipping:
http://shopping.ebay.in/files/view_all_page_gallery.php?lpid=63&slid=1

also, here is a advanced search link for all products available on auction:
http://search.ebay.in/ws/search/SaleSearch?sofocus=bs&satitle=&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC5&fbd=1&_trksid=m37&from=R6&nojspr=y&pfid=0&fswc=1&few=&saprclo=&saprchi=&sapaisa=1&fss=0&saslop=1&sasl=&fls=1%26salis%3D203&salic=-15&saatc=-15&sacur=0&sacqyop=ge&sacqy=&fpaym=1&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&sadis=200&fpos=400013&fsct=&sabdlo=&sabdhi=&saaff=afdefault&afcj=&afmp=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fcl=3&frpp=200

Regards,
Sapana
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Bidding vs. Buying

coolbrasco
Community Member
Hello mbn65,

eBay is such an innovative market place that, it satisfy every customer.

If you have time, you try your best for the good bargain competing with other bidders.

If you do not have time just buy it for the best price comparing with other sellers.

Sometimes you cannot wait for 7 days for bidding is completed to get a gift for your loved one's birthday next week. You have to buy it !!!

Some sellers like me does not want buyers to pay more in bidding, we sell for fixed price.

eBay for everyone !!! Cheers !!!

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Bidding vs. Buying

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Sapana,

Can you please tell me, how to look out for Auctions only (excluding 1 paisa auctions), in the Advance Search.

Thanks in advance. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Bidding vs. Buying

Umang,

I have a formula which may or may not work for you.

I search for listings with more than 3 bids. These will be geniune auctions and not forward auctions (fixed price listing masquerading as aucitons.)

Regards,

Devesh
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Bidding vs. Buying

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Umang (indconcepts),

We currently do not have an advanced search option, whereby you can differentiate 1 paisa auction listings from rest of auctions.

However, as suggested by veedeedirect, you can look for products with a certain number of bids on them. Alternatively, you can start your search for products above a minimum amount.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 6 of 6
latest reply