Benefits od Power seller?

gizmozindia
Community Member
Hi,

Could anyone tell us what are the benefits of becomming a power seller on ebay.

We are new power seller on the site and have recieved no communication or any benefits if any on becomming a power seller.

Please enlighten

Regards

GizmozIndia
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

coolbrasco
Community Member
Hello GizmozIndia,

We are all in the same boat. Not much.

Only benefit is Customer recognizes as a reputed seller and you they buy confidently if you have the right product for them.

Some benefit from eBay is you can participate in special areas where exclusive PowerSellers can only list, last month there was one for Mobile phone. You will notified by email separately.

Please note you will get a PowerSeller Certificate from eBay and a nice bag.

There is a separate discussion board for PowerSeller, previously i thought it is a secret room (like Ovel in White House, Washington) for big business secret discussions, it surprised me that no one discussing anything.

But most of the customer recognizes you and they trust you. That is most important for a PowerSeller. It is not easy. It is like a Prime Minister, after the getting the post you have do all kind of acrobatics to keep the post. It is the same, you have to bend lot of rules to keep up your PowerSeller position. Please make sure every customer is happy to keep your PowerSeller status. I wish you all the best.

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
PowerSeller.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello GizmozIndia ,

For some it's nothing more than getting a Power Seller Icon against the ebay ID ..... but for others it may be much more.

You are respected and recognised.

You have the advantage of participating in exclusive promotional Blocks.

Seperate discussion Board.

Community trusts you more.

You get invitations for special events (This year in January ebay invited all the Power Sellers and their spouses to a movie, along with vouchers )

You get exclusive packing material like tamper proof bags, letter heads, PS printed packing tapes.

Occasionally, you get exclusive Gifts from ebay. This year they had sent a Lap Top carrying bag.

Power Sellers have toll Free phone support.

You get a Power Seller Certificate. (This Year ebay invited us for a special seminar-cum-dinner and presented the Power Seller certificate.)

Above all you have a mental satisfaction that the Community you are serving is happy with your services.

What else do you want ?

Today (ie on 29th May ) ebay has welcome 12 New Power Sellers for the month of May 2007. The link to the announcement is as hereunder :-

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/in/200705291603242.html

โ–ช ratnachhaya
โ–ช sona_industries
โ–ช allgemz
โ–ช pkp19991
โ–ช bigbansals
โ–ช ebizliveauction
โ–ช bgtonde
โ–ช bidstock
โ–ช pkanoria
โ–ช lucky_collection92
โ–ช precious-auctioneer
โ–ช indiantrends .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Gizmozindia,

As Umang told, Power Sellers has an many advantage. More than respected and recognised, Your products are being promoted by eBay.

This is an encouragement for sellers to grow their business online at eBay.

Congratulations all the new power sellers:

ratnachhaya
sona_industries
allgemz
pkp19991
bigbansals
ebizliveauction
bgtonde
bidstock
pkanoria
lucky_collection92
precious-auctioneer
indiantrends ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

gizmozindia
Community Member
Hi,

Thanks fellow sellers for the input.

Regards

GizmozIndia
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hello,

There is absolutely not benefit of being a power seller.

All you get is a image of Power seller next to your ebay id and some fancy packing which is to promote ebay !

1) There is no PRIORITY CUSTOMER SUPPORT
2) Toll free number is not working since ages.
3) Power seller products are not given priority in promo.
4) No concession of fees considering power sellers are providing the bulk of ebay products !

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS THE BENEFIT ??

Regards
Shyam
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Sirji,

Yeh sawal aap poonch rahe hai!!!!????

Rgds,

Devesh

PS packing materials and goodies and parties, these are the benefits.

Very tangible and very cool. Certificate looks good on my wall.

Who doesn't love the freebies ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

adit999
Community Member
Hello everyone,
I don't understand why I have still not gotten my POWERSELLER Certificate ??
Also why is eBay not giving discounts on listing fees and on other transactions ?? Aren't we the guys who provide the major chunk of income and also keep our customers happy and make them buy from us again and again ??
To top it all ..... I see today on 27/09/2007 that the powerseller minimum selling criteria has been raised for bronze sellers to 20,000!!!! A jump from 5000 - 20,000/- Rs is astronomically high I must say.
Any of my fellow sellers have something to say about this ??
Thanks & warm regards,
Adit.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Dear adit999

I havent received it either ..I have been a PS since almost 8 months now..you keep writing them and they wouldnt listen to you. I have lost all hopes ...so I would suggest concentrate on your sales rather than waiting for your Certificate ... LOL

Regards
Meenu

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Hi all,

I am a PowerSeller since January 2007 and 9 months have passed the only thing I receive from eBay is the PowerSeller Packing materials.

I have heard from the community that they have received:

* PowerSeller Certificate
* Free Movie Tickets for two persons
* Attended Seminars
* Boutiques now and then
* Dinner Party
and so on

But these recipients are only from the Metros. Who cares for the PowerSellers who lives in small cities. I am from Ranchi, capital of Jharkhand and have never received such freebies.

Just hoping to receive one of these freebies/invitation some day in future (when? I don't know)...

Thanks and Regards
Message 10 of 14
latest reply