cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules,2011 eBay must display MRP of products on its site.

pkar7538
Community Member

Bought below iteam at Rs.12199/- but the on Item Box by importer clearly says that MRP on the Rs.9999/- ( MRP Label Applicable for India). I was duped by Rs.2,200/-. I need complete Refund. eBay staff unknowingly indulging in deficient services and unfair trade practice.

Brand New Sealed Lenovo K3 Note (Black, 16 GB) - Manufacturer Warranty

Rs.12,199.00

Date of Purchase :14/08/15

Attracting consumers by misleading advertisement for inviting to do online shopping by SMS, email and other means and then duping them in voilation of Consumer Protection Act.

As per the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011: “No wholesale dealer or retail dealer or other person shall obliterate, smudge or alter the retail sale price, indicated by manufacturer or the packer or the importer, as the case may be, on the package or on the label affixed thereto.”

Further also as per The Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011-“ No retail dealer or any other person including manufacturer, packer, importer and wholesale dealer shall make any sale of any commodity in packed form at a price exceeding the retail sale price thereof.” i.e. no over charging on MRP.

As per above rules offender shall be punished with fine of two thousand rupees.

The Retail Store adopted an illegal and non consumer friendly practice.

My complaint is:

I have paid Rs.12,199/- extra Rs.2200/-  for the product over and above MRP which is Rs.9999/- on the BOX . There is no mention of MRP online for this item . eBay/Sellear, have hidden facts about on the pricing of the product. The law says you should not charge me more than MRP. You also mentioned free shipping then the price of the product must be MRP . This is not allowed under law. Instead of buying from you on eBay I could bought any other phone with similar specifications in hyderabad market by going to near by shop. I have paid extra rs.2200/- for buying online. Online price must be less comparatively to local shops because of no establishment cost and maintenance over heads.

I want my immediate refund of Totoal Amount. I have not opened the Mobile Phone BOX seal. I would look at this iteam as mobile "coffin" and rather use it till my issue is resolved. I am goind agony caused by eBay. The reason i bought from eBay instead of FLIPCART/SNAPDEAL because eBay being MNC, I trusted it maintains international trasparenet business practices. To my utter shock and dismay, I am being cheated by eBay - eCommerce Website at the behest of bad seller.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

As Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules,2011 eBay must display MRP of products on its site.

li-susie
Community Member

Please remember this is a member-to-member forum. If you need to contact eBay directly, please do so here: http://ocsnext.ebay.in/ocs/cuhome

Message 2 of 2
latest reply