A New Bad Experience

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

I felt really bad yesterday. One person created 10-12 different ids with all fake address and phone numbers and bid my product.

Bid Listings of USB Extension Cable which I am facing some problems with this bidders.

I am forced to enable the SMS Buyer Verification thought I don't belive much on it.

Yesterday I have cancelled around 15 bids which are all fake as suspected by me.

This is the first time I am getting irritated about the fake orders.

If any one here facing the same problem? ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

A New Bad Experience

atulnc1
Community Member
me too had the same problems,but we sellers have no option then to cancell the bids which we feel are not genuine.

ATUL
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

A New Bad Experience

Hi,Thats a very disturbing position.But a seller has to be patient. After all the buyer is always right. Truly,,Amitava
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

A New Bad Experience

snrama
Community Member
Hi Amitava,

I aggree with you. But some fake buyer is all doing these things.

They bid for Rs.1000 intentionally for a Rs.50/- product and don't make the payment. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

A New Bad Experience

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi Navaneeth,

Bad to hear about your experience and that of Atul too. I also had a bad experience recently. But its good that at least we have buyer verification preference now. Let them spend a few bucks on SMS if they are so eager to annoy others.

For Amitava Raha:
Raha-da , you are honest, kind hearted and with a God gifted patience , but most of others are not like you. Its really annoying for me to deal politely with those frauds who cause troubles just for fun, does not have the least respect for eBay rules and are without the basic morals. Hats off to you and your tolerance. May be at your age I would learn to be more lenient & merciful.
. Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup Dutta
Kolkata
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

A New Bad Experience

Hi Guys,I have this to say.A buyer with a supposedly funny ID may turnout to be a gem of a buyer.You never know.Its always good to have some patience.Take a long breath and say 'OM'.It relieves you know.Truly,,Amitava
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

A New Bad Experience

snrama
Community Member
Hi Swarup,

Yes, I agree with you. I have stopped the USB Extension Cable Bid listing for few days as some person is doing fun of me and I really smell some fishy.

SMS feature is really worth-full. I had been enable that for a week and only few percentage of sales get decreased.

Today one buyer asked me that he don't have mobile and he need a product of mine. I disabled SMS Verification and as soon as I did that the buyer made both the purchase and payment.

We should agree that every new buyer is not fake and every one don't have mobiles to verify themselves through SMS.

Dear Amitava,

I know that your age is almost the double or more than that of mine. I normally don't feel annoyed, Sometimes it happens due to work pressure. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

A New Bad Experience

Hi,Navaneeth,I want to add this bit.Some buyers are real fishy.Just buy and fail to respond.False bid just to harass.Its always better for a buyer to ask a question.All veteran buyers will do that.New members mostly dont know this.My experience is less than yours.But I have seen that people who ask are serious people.Thanx,,Truly,,Amitava
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

A New Bad Experience

snrama
Community Member
Hi Amitava,

Yes, Some buyers are fishy. But even eBay has taken a lot of care for sellers. Nigerian Fake Buyers are very less as compared to 2-3 months back.

I am sure that ebay pinks will soon look for few more better changes. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

A New Bad Experience

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

I totally understand the confusion a seller will face while deciding to apply buyer verification on his listings. It might lead to low sales, and many a times, it might just turn off a genuinely new buyer.

To help you understand, what kind of buyers you are blocking by using the filters. The tool will give you the ability to make more informed decisions.

To know more, you may visit the following thread: http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500000426

Regards,
Sapana
Message 10 of 10
latest reply