cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3 weeks, and still waiting for eBay to resolve dispute. What's taking time?

priyank157
Community Member
Hello eBay,

25th July: Purchased a mobile (item:140252235496)
"excellent condition, sparingly used, 6 months warranty"
10th Aug: Received the mobile
damaged buttons, lot of scratches, only 4 months warranty,
and the charger provided did not work in India
11th Aug: Opended a dispute (dispute: 177788932)
13th Aug: Seller realized his mistake and agreed to refund,
and collected the mobile on 13th August.
4th Sep: After umpteen reminders, still waiting for the refund, I escalated the dispute (177788932)

eBay PaisaPay protection promises to refund shipping charges as well, but the message conveyed that the maximum refund would be 8000, the cost of the phone (why?).
If you view the Dispute, eBay will see that the seller has accepted the mistake and had agreed to make full refund. So eBay's task is relatively made easy. I am waiting to hear from eBay about any updates they may have for me.

I look forward to speedy resolution of this dispute. If anyone at eBay needs any information from me, to help resolve this at the earliest, let me know.

Thanks
Priyank
PS: Also, does eBay realize how difficult it is to find the customer-care phone number on its website?

Item: http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140252235496
Dispute: http://rebulk.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ResolveDispute&DisputeID=177788932
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Priyank (priyank157),

Firstly, I would like to regret the unfortunate experience you had with this transaction.

I totally understand the frustration that you must be going through on not having received the refund as promised by him after returning the item back to him. I must say that your efforts in communicating with him to resolve this dispute has been appreciable and I'd see to it that the necessary steps are taken to ensure that you receive your due refund at the earliest.

Also to your question of receiving the refund with shipping charges, I'd like to highlight that the same is done in case if the item is not received the buyer in the first place. However, in your case you had received the item but faced issues later.

Once again I'd highlight that this has been escalated to the concerned team and they will surely look into this.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

priyank157
Community Member
No news yet Indraneel.
Do you think I have any option other than a consumer court? Kindly advise.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply