cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobiles are at high price as compared to local market showroom price?

manish.autocad
Community Member
Hi frds,
I am new buyer & user on ebay.i am very interested to buy a mobile but on checking all the branded mobile listings,i have come to conclusion that mobile prices are quite high here on ebay as compared to local showroom prices.for example- brand new Nokia 5130 express music is available for rs.5000/- in local nokia showrooms but on ebay its available for around rs.5400/- & more.....if prices are like this on ebay then dont you think its better for a buyer to buy from a local showroom instead of buying on ebay....
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi manish.autocad you are right.It is because that it is very hard to source branded mobile phones very cheaper and its almost impossible.Sellers have to pay ebay fees paisapay fees and also shipping and insurance charges and their handling fee.That is why the prices are higher by a few bucks.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

manish.autocad
Community Member
Hi thegenuinecollections.I do agree that sellers have to pay paisapay fees & shipping charges but that doesn't mean that the mobile prices will be quite high on ebay as compared to local showroom prices.Price difference is still more than Rs.500 & more.You can see that most listings of mobile phones clearly mentioning FREE SHIPPING ALL OVER INDIA.I think sellers must not befool buyers by saying free shipping.:-(
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi manish.autocad you are right and i accept your point regarding free shipping.Only if a seller is able to make a profit with added shipping charges in the total price he will sell in ebay.And many people love free shipping and will give 5 stars in shipping in handling charges column while leaving feedback.That is why most sellers offer free shipping.This is not to fool the buyers sir.And a seller cannot make much profit in selling a mobile phone as there is a fixed price range all over the country.I am not justifying the price difference but if you feel the prices are higher you can buy from showrooms itself:-) It is your wish sir.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

I seriously doubt if you will be able to buy Nokia 5130 with Vat Invoice and 1 Year Nokia warranty from any retail store for rs.5000/-

Please check again the peice would be from grey market / parallel import. Many a time grey market peices are refurbished or stolen goods. Many of the genuine accesoies are replaced with duplicate batteries chargers, earphones, etc. which give the retailler some margin to play with.

Having said the above, ebay fees + paisapay fees are too high for a mobile seller to compete with offline prices where margins are typically 1% - 2% and many a times the Credit Card commision being passed on the buyers.

I have pulled down my entire inventory of Nokia mobiles as it does not make much sense to sell branded phones on ebay.in

Regards,

Paresh
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

qmarkravi
Community Member
I also faced the same.Recently I purchased 2 mobiles from 2 sellers here and both had charged higher than the MRP.I ma seriously thinking of taking this sellers to court.They are en cashing the faith we have on ebay.Now here afterwards i will never do any shopping on ebay.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply