cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Items on some sellers' feedback are"Private",not for others.Why? Restrains in choice making.

atul1951
Community Member

Feedback Profile of some sellers doesn't show the item feedback talks of; its marked "Private". So the feedback doesn't make a potential buyer any wiser, if the comment is about the quality or usefulness of an item that was purchased. Why should anything be hidden unless it is inappropriate as per your policy? At the sametime many others' feedback profile displays all.

In the interest of buyers, please do not mark any item as "Private"

An example of such private feedback is attached.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Items on some sellers' feedback are"Private",not for others.Why? Restrains in choice making.

Ebay has given an option to keep feedbacks private or public to sellers so it is been done by sellers not ebay by default it is public 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello,

Those seller who set their feedback profile as private, can not sell the product on site. 

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for  the information. But I wonder why should a seller make the feedback private. To a buyer, who goes through the feedback profile of a seller before placing the order, the private status tends to put him off because of lack of transparency and because he doesn't know which item the feedback is about and he moves on to some other seller. For me, few negative feedbacks are not highly important if I have full disclosure of the feedback, as I objectively look at buyer's feedback and the sellers response, in the context of the product. Also before I order I try to look for positive feeedback about the product also. 

So I think the the idntity of the item should not be withheld in larger commercial interest of every one. But of course, if a buyer doesn't go through the reviews, it doesn't make a difference.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply