cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Education Workshop - 4th August - 2 PM to 3 PM

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

Over the past few weeks, we have been taking steps to address the issue of our users not understanding the eBay policies, and hence, failing to abide by them. Following are some of the activities we have initiated:

1. Power Seller Education – Calling our Power Sellers, and informing them of the various policies they need to abide by.

2. Onsite Education – We have created a Policy Education Tutorial on the site. This is available at www.ebay.in/sellercentral/ebaypolicies

3. Mailers – We have sent mailers to all sellers with information on policies

We wish to hear from you regarding our efforts on Policy Education. Have you found these useful? Is there anything further we can do to help you understand the policies? Do you need any further clarifications?

Please provide us your feedback during this workshop. Staff from the policy team will be available to interact with you on this important issue.

The workshop will be conducted on Thursday, the 4th of August, from 2 PM to 3 PM.

Join us then!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

indconcepts
Community Member
ebay's Policy of hitting on the HEAD and then putting bandage is NOT at all a favourite One.

You have first of all suspended so many sincere Sellers who never had an Idea as to what were objectionable in your Policies.

ebay should have organised Policy Education workshops earlier and then should have taken harsh actions against the Seller's who didn't abide by the policies.

ebay took the other way round ie ....

HIT HARD & THEN ASK THEM TO LEARN.

Even the Top most sellers were not spared.

I really don't under stand that why this kind of workshops are being organised now.

Kindly let us know why this kind of education wasn't organised before suspending many of the un-aware Sellers & Power Sellers & SUPER Sellers.

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

avertek_infosys
Community Member
Hi Ebay Team

I think you should do something seriously about duplicate listings. We had only 2-3 listings in a certain catagory and we were told you are doing duplicate listings but we see many sellers who have more than 15-20 listings of the same item and they seem to get away with this and our listings do not seem to have a chance to appear on the second page even...10 duplicate lisitngs in a particular catagory is also not a good idea 3-4 is enough..or better introduce the insertion fees to make the content of ebay better..
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Welcome to the Policy Education Workshop. Today we have nvid and preeti from Trust and Safety Team to answer queries on policies.

We love the workshops to be interactive, so please feel free to post any queries or questions.

Based on your feedback, we have made some changes in the way policies are communicated and we will like to get your feedback on what you feel about the same, and also your ideas on future improvement.

Lets start with the workshop!

Sapana
Comunity Development team
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everybody

I am here for next one hour to clarify your doubts and answere your questions.

Hope I clarify all your doub
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello avertek_infosys

We understand your concerns regarding duplicate listings, based on certain parameters like format and categories we are allowing upto 10 Duplicate listing of the item.
We are taking note of Duplicate Listing by few sellers, and taking appropriate measures under Duplicate Listings Policy

We request you to report such violations using the Contact Us
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello IndConcepts,

Policies on eBay are not different from that of Baazee. A user is obligated to read all the Listing and Banned policies before listing the product.

Yes I do agree with you that we could have done the policy education outreach much earlier, Based on the community needs, we have launched our current seller policy education drive.

We have created a Policy Hub Page. If you should have any feed back on policy education kindly let us know.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everybody,

It is important for every user to go through eBay Policies before transacting. To help you understand the policies better we have created a tutorial on the site

This tutorial is accessible at;
www.ebay.in/sellercentral/ebaypolicies

In this tutorial you will find the following details
- What are the eBay Policies?
- How does one violate these policies?
- What happens on violation of these policies?

eBay has these rules and policies to maintain a safe and healthy environment for buyers and sellers as well as comply with legal requirements.

As an eBay seller you should know and abide by all these policies.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Kindly let me know that when a policy violation takes place then how do you know?

I mean when other member reports violation OR you have software built in the system.

thanks

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
I am asking this because I come across so many violations but nothing is being done by your system.

I hope the workshop is still in prrogress .

thanks

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 10 of 19
latest reply