cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House on Trust and Safety with Sharat Digumarti - 16 Mar (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on how to keep eBay safe. Sharat will be discussing with you the initiatives taken by TnS to keep the site safe and future plans. If you have any questions on any trust or safety related topics, feel free to post them on this thread. Sharat will answer them during the Open House

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety
Date: Thursday, 16th March 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear occasionzgifts

There have been changes done in terms of evaluating the SNP warnings to sellers and the kind of proof which is acceptable.

Post the changes to the proof the numbers of concerns and warnings to sellers have dropped.

Based on your comments we can set up a separate discussion on this topic
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 31 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi indconcepts,

Welcome to the Open House. Good to see you!
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 32 of 81
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
hi.. Sharat....hope u consider my post here.....i have raised some very valid concerns..
Message 33 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

Thanks for the post and participating in this discussion. I have read your posts and answer in two parts

1. Buyer Protection – We are soon launching Buyer Protection with much higher limits when transactions are paid through PaisaPay. In the next couple of weeks we will update more about this program
2. Fraudulent/Bad Users – Considering the number of users and new users catching then in advance will be an ongoing activity. I look at fraud broadly in 2 types, Potential/Prevention and Reported. We cannot take all reported cases of potential fraud prior committing fraud and treat them as fraud until the users report to us. In cases of fraudulent behavior or previous history we take preventive actions which happen without gaining attention of our users.

As I mentioned in my announcement in Feb we are looking at the feature some thing like “ Report a Problem Link ” on every item which shall make reporting to ebay easier
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 34 of 81
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Sharat .... it seems there is a problem.

This page is not getting refreshed.

It gets held up.

All other ebay pages are opening up with normal speed. .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 35 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi srjsms,

Welcome aboard!

I will try my best to asnwer all your concerns. Regarding all the suggestions made by you, I will definitely understand and debate them throughly with my team.

We might not be able to implement all suggestions due to various constraints. However, i will like you to know that your feedback is valuble to us, and we consider them before making our decisions.
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 36 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

The Buyer Requirement Tool is powerful in blocking users. The new feature Activity Log helps Sellers to monitor the blocked users and incase of situations like the one you mentioned below is reported will help us in improving the Tool

In the next 3-4 weeks we are releasing the next version which shall significantly enhance seller’s ability to be selective and apply the right combinations more effectively
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 37 of 81
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
Sharath...another concern is as regards feedback for repeat purchases... forthe first purchase a seller / buyer gets a feedback point.. which reflects in his feedback status on the site.. repeat purchases do get feedback, but all feedback recieved from a user is treated as 1 feedback point. this prevents several buyers from having repeat purchases.. eg: i bought 4 items from rajasthan store.. but feedback point is just 1, instead of 4. so there is a lesser tendency to patronise the same seller..maybe thats why several sellers do not have repeat purchasers
Message 38 of 81
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
sharat ..like i mentioned earlier.... for ebay motors - i wish to start dealing in automobiles, since i have an exclusive tie up with automart, mangalore and several other brokers. in this regards, the mandatory proof of ownership will not be available, as no used vehicle dealer will transfer the vehicle to his name and then list it....for if this is done, the vehicle will be one more hand old. and would lose significant value. what according to you is the proof of ownership required in this case.//
Message 39 of 81
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi srjsms,

The Open House is a great place to ask and find solutions to issues that community at large is facing. As you can easily understand, it will not be possible to answer specific user issues on this Open House.

Regarding your question on proof for eBay motors, I believe the best folks to give an answer will the Customer Support Team. If CS team is unable to give you a satisfactory reply, please let us know. We will ensure that the team is properly equipped to answer your questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 40 of 81
latest reply