cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Learn to Optimize Natural Search in your listings” - 16 August (6 - 7 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Sellers,

Will you like to improve the chance of your listing showing up in Search engines results like Google , Yahoo and MSN ? Will you like to get more eye balls to your listings and your eBay pages like Shops, About Me page?

If yes, then the best way to do it is to optimize your pages for Search Engines. Search refers to results that appear in a search engine based on what a web surfer is looking for .

This workshop will help you understand:
• Search Engines and their increasing importance
• Keyword relevance
• Optimizing your Text Description /Content in you listings and other eBay pages.

Host: eBay staff
Date: Tuesday 16th August
Time: 6.00 to 7.00 PM (IST)

We will be looking forward to meeting you in the workshop.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

indconcepts
Community Member
hi,

I would like to know that by using the key words & optimizing the text description, the search would show up as.....

All Items clubbed within ebay

OR

It could even be individual Item on ebay.

I mean when I search for say "baskets", I can see at number one on page one........Baskets on ebay

Clicking on this link baskets in ebay from all over the world could be seen.

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Welcome to the Workshop on "Learn to Optimize Natural Search in your listings".

Natural Search is increasingly becoming an important way for prospective buyers to search and buy items that they are interested in.

Today we have Amitabh from Internet Marketing team to answer queries on policies.

We love the workshops to be interactive, so please feel free to post any queries or questions.

Lets start with the workshop!

Sapana
Comunity Development team
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Sapana & Amitabh

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear All,

I am Amitabh working in the Internet Marketing team at eBay.

regards

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear All,
Welcome to the world of Search Engines and how you can help yourselves by just doing things that you do in a Search friendly manner!

Is your About me Page search-engine friendly on eBay ?
To attract consumers/buyers looking for products that are looking for on Search Engines like Google, yahoo etc , your ABOUT ME is very critical for your success as it must rank highly on search engines and Here's how you can do it.

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
What you need to do:
Here are some guidelines that you can follow while making your About me page.
Content is king: The content you have on your page is the key to securing high search engine rankings. Graphic-heavy pages with little content will always rank poorly on search engines. Spiders love content and that is the most important element they take back with them to the search engine index.
Identify keywords that are relevant to your business, and make sure they are part of your content. For instance, if you sell digital cameras, make sure that keywords such as 'digital cameras', 'digicams', 'digital photography', 'digital photos' etc are part of your text copy. Remember: Search engines cannot read text embedded in images.
• Place keywords that define your business in important areas of your page.
o The title tag (the text you see on the blue bar of your browser) is one of the most important areas of your page when it comes to search engine optimization. Search engines give more importance to keywords that are in headline tags. ( Internal Process).
Use keywords as anchor text: Anchor text is the text that describes a link. Instead of using 'click here to read more', use something more creative like 'Digital camera buying guide'.

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Search engines are democratic: One of the most important off-page factors influencing your search engine ranking is link popularity. Link popularity is a score based on the number of external sites providing a link to yours. Typically, the more inbound links you have, the more important search engines will deem your site to be. Of course, the quality of inbound links also matter. A link from an authoritative industry portal will count for more than a link from an unknown site. A link from a site that has content similar to yours will weigh more than from one that has content different from yours.
Here are some simple ways to increase your number of links:
Make sure that you get links from partner sites, distributors, associates etc to your about me page.
Include your URL www.stores.ebay.in/xyz-abc site in member directories of industry associations
It is important to remember that search engine optimization is a slow process. If you are a new site, expect at least four months for your page to show up on search engine results. A little patience can be richly rewarding in the long run.

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Indconcepts,

I would like to rephrase your question.

Is your question that clicking on an ebay link will lead to which page ?

If this is the question , then the click will lead to the page which is Indexed in Search Engine .It may be a search result page, stores page or category page and it might be of any ebay site.

regards

Amitabh

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
?:|Hello Sapana & Amitabh
Message 10 of 19
latest reply