cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn more about Cross promotion and connections - 17 Nov - (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Host: eBay Staff
Date: Friday, 17th November 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hi,

This workshop is aimed at regular sellers who would like to learn ways on improving the visibility of their listings by promoting related/complementary items in their own and other seller listings. A cool tool called Cross Promotions and Cross Promotions connections is available to help eBay sellers increase sales.

To know more about Cross promotions and Cross Promotion Connections, please join us in the workshop on 17th.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Hi Sapana,

I have experienced that one is only allowed to edit or add items of same category in the Cross-promotions of an Item.
Suppose I have a listing in the category: Video Games.
Can I promote my other items in this listing which belong to other categories, say Home & Appliances.

If yes, please put up a step-by-step procedure.

Thanks! :-x:-x
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

hypnosis_in1
Community Member
is it on FRIDAY or the 17th of NOVEMBER ?
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

A clarification...this workshop is on 17th of November, Thursday.

My sincere apologies for the mistake and inconvenience caused due to the same.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to today's workshop. Today we have Preeti from Seller marketing team to help you understand how you may use cross promotions and cross promotions connections to improve your business.

We love the workshops to be interactive, please feel free to post your questions on the boards.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

Welcome to todays workshop on Cross Promotions and Cross Promotion Connections.

I will be here for the next hour and would like to answer all your queries on the above topics.

I would like the workshop to be as interactive as possible.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Lets start with Cross Promotions.

Cross-promotions is a powerful tool that helps you sell even more items to your bidders / buyers.

Benefits of Cross Promotions
Sell more items per buyer
A buyer who purchases one of your items is likely to be
interested in your other items, especially ones that complement the purchased item.

Sell higher value items
A buyer interested in one of your items is likely to be interested in a similar, higher-priced item you're selling and may purchase that.

When are items cross promoted?
When a buyer shows interest in one of your items (such as by placing a bid), four of your other items are promoted to the buyer.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Cross promotions are activated by default in your My eBay.

However, you can control the items you wish to cross promote to your buyers.

▪ Cross Promotions can be automatically set based on criteria set by you or general eBay rules.
▪ You can also manually select specific items to be cross promoted with some items.

Set rules and save them for all your listings
▪You can set rules for example: whenever someone bids on a DVD player, DVD movies are promoted to him.

Follow these simple steps to Set an Automatic Rule:
1.While you're signed in, go to any listing and click the "Change your cross-promoted items" link, located below the item title.
2.Click the "Change criteria for this item" link.
3.On the Change Criteria page, specify the criteria to be used.
▪ This means that you can either choose the category that you wish to promote or choose items from categories similar to that listing or simply select the any items option. You can also choose to exclude some of your items.
▪ eBay Shop sellers can specify other criteria, such as the Shop category or keywords in item titles.
4.Click the Continue button.
5.On the next page, you’ll see a sample of items that will be cross-promoted based on your criteria. If you’re satisfied with the sample, click the Save Criteria button.

Once you save the criteria, this rule will be applicable on all your listings.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
To manually select items to be cross promoted with specific items:

1.Click the "Change to manual selection" link. A checkbox will appear beside each item in the list.
2.You'll get a page where you can search for and select different items from your entire set of active listings.
3.Select the checkbox for each item you want to cross promote and click on the Select button.
4.On the next page, confirm your selections and click the Save Selected Items button.

When a cross-promoted item you've selected ends:
The item is automatically replaced with an item from a similar category or an item selected using your default cross-promotions.

An alert symbol will appear on the "Change Cross-Promoted Items" page to let you know that the item has ended and has been replaced. This will also appear in the Items I'm Selling view of My eBay.

For More information on Cross Promotions visit: http://pages.ebay.in/sellercentral/marketlistings/cross-promote.html#Cross%20Promotions
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear digital_das

With regards to your post, you can cross promote items from other categories as well.

While setting your cross promotion rules you can select the categories you wish to cross promote.

The steps below will help you select the categories:
- Go to any of your item listings and click on the Cross Promotions link that appears below the item title
- Click the "Change criteria for this item" link.
- Select the category you wish to promote
- Click the Continue button.
- Ensure to click on the Save Criteria tab on the next page to save that criteria for future listing.

If you wish to cross promote specific items with some item listings you can also try the manual cross promotion option.

For Manual Cross promotions
- After clicking on the Cross Promotion Link click on the "Change to manual selection" link.
- You will see a list of your active listings
- Select the listings you wish to cross promote with that listing
- Click on continue and then the the Save Selected Items button

The items you select will be cross promoted in that listing.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 10 of 16
latest reply