cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of using the new Sell Your Item form - 8 June (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Based on the community feedback, eBay is launching a new SYI (Sell your item) form. The new form aims at making listing easier and faster for both new and experienced sellers.

We will like to walk you through the new SYI, help you understand why and when you should be using it, and as always, we will love to hear your feedback.

We strongly recommend you to try the new SYI and post your experience and questions on this thread.

Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 8th June
Time: 4 – 5 PM IST

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Hi Bhushan,

How are you doing? This is Ashish here from Chennai, we had met up.

I have a few questions for you, all related to shops. It would be good if you could answer me out.

1.Could you let me know what is the use of the new form SYI.How can this feature help me?

2.Is that possible that in the item list i can add around 10 or 50 quantities so if i sell one still listing remains without being the listing being deleted.

3.If i make a listing for 30 days, is that possible that i can revise the prices whenever i need.

4.How do i place a counter at my shop homepage to check how many visitors have seen my shop.

Hope you do find time to answer my questions.

Regards,

Ashish Kumar,

eIT Mall
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Welcome to today's Workshop!

we are very excited about launching of new Sell your item form. The new form we believe will be really helpful for our sellers and make listing easier and faster.

Today we have Bhuvan from Seller Management Team in take you through the new SYI and answer any related questions.

We love to hear from you, so please feel free to ask questions or doubts if any.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

bookstime
Community Member
Heloo Mr Buvan

I want to sell a book " False impressions"
but when i enter it in the search it appears as no categories found.

Please tell me what i should do ?
I have many such products which also show no categories found..

What should i do ??

The Rock
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

bhuvan@ebay.com
Community Member
HI Ashish,

Good to hear from you again. Let me answer the questions you have raised:

1. The SYI or Sell Your Item Form is used to list the items you intend to sell on eBay.
- The new SYI form is shorter and more efficient for both new and experienced sellers, with new features like
- personalized tips
- the ability to save a draft
- listing preview section

Further I will be taking walk through these new features and more in this session. So hopefully most of your questions should get answered through the same. 🙂

Regards
Bhuvan

Regards
Bhuvan
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

bhuvan@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi, this is Bhuvan Bhushan, I work with the Seller Management team and I take care of Features & Tools in eBay India.

Welcome to the “Using the New Sell Your Item Form” workshop

The new SYI form was created with input from the Community to address newer sellers’ feedback that the form was too difficult and experienced sellers’ feedback that the form was slow and outdated. You can read more of the background history at http://pages.ebay.com/community/chatter/2006April/insideebay.html

We’ve been working hard to incorporate your comments and suggestions, and we have rolled out numerous improvements to the new SYI over the last few weeks. We are very grateful for the positive and constructive feedback we’ve received from you so far.

Regards
Bhuvan

Regards
Bhuvan
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

bhuvan@ebay.com
Community Member
For this workshop, I will quickly go over features over the new SYI, and then open it up to questions or comments that you might have.

You might consider opening up a new browser with the new SYI at http://cgi5.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellHub3Visitor

Here’s an overview of the new listing process:

Regards,
Bhuvan

Regards
Bhuvan
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

bhuvan@ebay.com
Community Member
Step 1: Click ”Sell” in the Header to see the Sell Hub:

Regards
Bhuvan
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

bhuvan@ebay.com
Community Member
Step 2: Type in something that could sell:

After you select your category, and click “Save & Continue,” you may see a suggestion to add a second category, or search for Pre-Filled Item information

Regards
Bhuvan
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

bhuvan@ebay.com
Community Member
Step 3: From the Create Your Listing page, you will notice that we’ve re-ordered and re-configured some of the fields for better usability:

Additionally, we’re stripped off a lot of the text from the form itself.

Regards
Bhuvan
Message 10 of 19
latest reply