Fraudulent Item Not Received Case

I sold an item to a buyer (who is a past eBay seller) and the total sales price was Rs 198. I dispatched it by DTDC Couriers.
The seller contacted me and said that the item was not as expected, to which I agreed to replace the item.
He spoke very rudely to me and raised an Item not as Expected case.

A few days later he files an Item not Received case!!! I am so surprised as this amounts to fraud! After receiving the item, he says that he has not received the item!
Now eBay wants me to provide POD which I do not have and I do not know any shipping company which provides POD for all its transactions. Online tracking is available.

But eBay does not understand that in this large 1.21 Billion population country, it is impossible for every signed receipt to go back to place of origin.

I have already had one refund approved even when the online tracking said that item was delivered.
In this case there is No room for doubt as he contacted me and said he was angry about that product was different from what he thought.

Since he is a seller he must know that he will have to return the item to get the refund.
To save shipping cost he has filed this case.
Please can someone advice what I should do?
If this continues any buyer can say he did not receive the item and claim refund!
The seller is at the mercy of the buyer!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question