cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Sellers are Given Negative Feedback?? Look here

OK I have been a ebay buyer from Jan 2009, till date I have never left a Negative feedback for the seller. I understand this is their business and there is no point in Giving a negative feedback.

My latest transaction on ebay has turned a little sour. 

Could you people advise me on what to do? 

Order placed for a product - 28-Nov-2014 - Paid same day. 

Seller Ships the item on time- I get the Item on 1st Dec.. I check the item. Item doesn’t work. 

Following issues - 
Buyer gets product on a 1st Dec - Monday.
Problem with Product. - > Messages seller Monday night informing seller about the problem,. 

All Tuesday Morning - Afternoon No Reply from The seller -> 
Buyer callers the seller -> Seller says send me your ebay ID via SMS- 
Buyer Sends the Ebay Id via SMS - > 
No Reply from seller. 

Buyer again calls seller- > Sellers says "send me your ebay ID" 
Buyer replies Ebay Id already sent as sms and also messaged you via ebay. 

Seller Replies - > Saar Today is Holiday!! -> Please call me Tomorrow morning. Tuesday is a Holiday  ? Dumb Struck!! 

Now as a buyer should I keep calling the seller? Kindly Advice on how to handle this? Should the seller be given more time? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My mistake - Item was ordered - 25 Nov, 2014

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Dear Buyer

As a seller i understand that comunication is the only way we can avoid getting negetive feedback but i also have noticed there are so many sellers who doesnt bother about negetive feedback and once item sold they behave very wrong .

So i feel whenever issue buyer should contact seller first to resolve and then take ebay gurantee to solve the matter .

Negetive feeback is only accpetable if seller is un responsive and do not coporate with buyer .

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the reply.

I did contact the seller - > If you carefully see i contacted him as soon as I checked the item. 

the reason I contacted him early - The listing said I should report any damage within 48 hours! Thats why I tried to contact the seller same day I got the item. 

But seller doesnt repond! 

As a buyer I am worried now.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

48 hours after the first email to the seller on Sunday. Still no reply!! 

Now Dear Sellers and viewers is this how you treat your customer? is this how customers are treated when we try and contact you? 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Still I should try and contact the seller? Any seller who wants to keep his customers would have called back, Atleast to check what is wrong.

I emailed on monday(same day I got the items), Tuesday I called them - They said they will call back.. They NEVER DID! 
Wednsday no emails, no calls nothing! 
Today is Thursday. 

And yet sellers will cry - why negative feedback - why negative feedback.. 

My my 5 years of buying today I left my first negative feedback. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply