Suggestions for Category Changes

mahendra@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members

We are constantly trying to develop a category structure that makes it easy for buyers to find the items they are looking for. Such changes are made every month in response to the introduction of new models and technologies, or as the size of a category grows and become difficult to browse.

We are in the process of making category changes for the Month of March and would like to get your inputs for these changes. If you feel a category requires changes, so that your buyers can find your products easily, do post your feedback on this thread:

Thanks
Mahen
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

phoolwala
Community Member
Hi Mahen,

Flowers are one of the top 5 selling categories in e-commerce.

Don't you think it's high time we had a separate category for them instead of putting them in "Everything Else" ?

regards,
Saikat
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear Mahen,

I suggest eBay to introduce a category called Collectables. Members can sell Stickers with Magnet, Tazo Disks, etc.. which they collected in their young age under these category. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi Mahen

I think that the category for Personalised Products should be removed from

Everything else --> Personalised Gifts

to a more visible area. Probably you can have a this as a meta Category and have sub categories inside this ( personalised tshirts, personalised pens etc...)

Regards
Abhishek

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

mahendra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Phoolwala
It is a very interesting suggestion.
We are in the midst of the valentines promotion and this will have an good impact on the flowers category. We can surely think of branching out this category once there is enough interest level from users.

we have two promotions which would interest you.
1) The Valentine Promo
2) Express Delivery.

Thanks
Mahen
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

mahendra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Snrama

We are considering the collectibles category and at present we are evaluating the idea of the category & collecting feedback from the community .

Thanks
Mahen
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

astrolifecom
Community Member
hi Mahen,
Do you have any plans for the Astrology section which is currently under the Real Estate category? As you know, it is not possible to list any auction or direct purchase items under Real Estate.

I would like to discuss with you options for growing this section. We are part of the People Group (which owns Shaadi.com among other portals)

Can we talk?

regards,
raj rao
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

karanmalik
Community Member
Hi,
We need a new category for POSTERS. Currently there is no such category. Also in the SPORTS section of the Fitness & Sports category, please consider creating a new sub category for MOTORSPORTS. Also if you could expand Racquet Sports to Tennis, Badminton, TT etc that would be really good.
I hope you consider theis.
Thanks
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

blossomindia
Community Member
You category Home, Tools & Appliances (#11700)-- Arts & Antiques (#20082)-- Maritime (#37966)since last month now maps on Ebay.com to Antiques (#20081)-- Maritime (#37965)-- Clocks (#37966). From this it should be apparent that ebay.in is mapped to a wrong category ie 'Clocks' whereas there are hardly any clocks being sold from India. For a few days this category was mapped to ebay.com Maritime (#37965)-- Other (#66638) and my sales zoomed! unfortunately somebay at ebay.in decided that clocks was a better category and now sales are zilch. Please do something and map to Other (#66638).

I hope somebody reads this.

have a nice day.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

mahendra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi BlossomIndia

Thankyou for keeping an eye on teh mapping of teh categories, We have re-mapped the said categories again.
Do let me know if you see any changes in your Biz.

Thanks
Mahen
Message 10 of 12
latest reply