cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious flaws with the eBay Guarantee Claims System

I don't know if other sellers have noticed this or not, but there seem to be some serious flaws with the eBay guarantee Claims system.

1. Sellers have no way to write anything in the Claims topic and the only ones who can write details is the Claim Adjuster. These claims adjusters only communicate with us through phone calls once the claim is raised. Now in many cases they don't bother to call sellers and simply rule in favor of the buyer by writing seller couldn't be reached. Even if they end up calling, we don't have proof of what the claim adjuster told us as we don't record calls, but eBay does. Sellers are at a disadvantage because of this. Sellers should be allowed to write details on the claims page and the same should be visible to the claim adjuster, buyer as well as the seller which can be used as proof by all the parties. Furthermore, this will also stop the claim adjusters from approving refunds by giving stupid reasons like "seller didn't reply before timeline", "couldn't communicate seller", etc.

2. When the claim amount is big, eBay tends to debit the amount from the seller's Paisapay account even before the claim has been resolved. Then once the claim is resolved, the same amount is again debited from the seller's account. As a result, eBay ends up debiting twice the amount when the claim is ruled in favor of the buyer. 

3. Buyers shouldn't be allowed to open claims before the delivery deadline is over or when the refund has already been initiated. Right now, buyers can open claims few days after the order is shipped and they can even mark the order as not delivered on the Paisapay transaction page after the deadline is over. So, for some reason if the order couldn't be delivered, they get to initiate refunds through Paisapay as well as by raising claims. eBay's claim adjusters don't check if the refund has been initiated or not. They simply check the tracking details and end up ruling in favor of the buyer when the courier company's website the shipment status "Returned to Consignor". As a result, the amount gets debited from our accounts twice. Furthermore, this activity of raising claims is encouraged by eBay's customer service reps which is quite ridiculous.

One of my buyers raised such a claim and I asked him why did he do it as I had already initiated a refund for his order as I couldn't ship to his address. Since he had not received the money back in my bank account, he called up eBay to enquire when he will get the money. Instead of telling when he will receive the money, that idiot customer service guy from eBay opened a claim on the buyer's behalf.

All these issues should be resolved immediately or else sellers will continue to lose money. Feel free to mention any other issues I might have missed.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Once the claim open on transaction, amount automatically debit is really worst. I have not experienced about doble debit the amount from paisapay balance for case resolve and case opened. ebay will credit the amount if case in favor of seller. 

WHATSOEVER, ON EBAY, BUYER IS KIND, AND SELLER LIKE US HAVE TO SUFFER A LOT LIKE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS, CLAIMS, PARCEL RETURN, WRONG CUSTOMER PHONE NUMBERS. 

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

iambestman
Community Member

if the seller is not registered with power ship of ebay and send the parcel by any other courier, and if the buyer does not confirm on receipt ie does not click on item received, ebay or there should be auto confirmation based on tracking and it should be done immediately. even after calling, sending sms the buyers do not confirm.

the sellers have to wait for 12 days before the item is confirmed auto by the system and then payment is processed. 

ebay should consider this suggestion

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, they do credit the amount back if the claim is ruled in the seller's favor. But, if it is ruled in favor of the buyer, the amount doesn't get credited back into our accounts.

Another problem is that the claim adjusters keep asking for courier receipts even when the order is shipped through Powership. Instead of simply confirming the same from their logistic department, they keep telling give us the POD receipt.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay don't know what think of itself..... always ban people/seller/buyer regarding policy violations. There are 1000's policy condition. Even if one of them is just touched by your or by mistake you're suspended immediately. Ebay is never safe for sellers. Here always seller has to bear everything. I had a horrible experience while selling with ebay. Ebay team never concern to your problems. they always say you vilotated the policy hence your cannot be forgiven. They think themselves like god. Ebay.in will be bank rupt soon if they keep on treating sellers like this.

Smart buyers make wrong use of Ebay Gaurantee claim and always get free coupons/money/refund if item cost is just below 500rs. I've seen that ify our product purchased from ebay.in is just below 500rs and if you say its not working. Without knowing real situation they will say you keep the item and keep the money. So buyers are misusing the same for getting items completely free, Plus same cost of coupon code.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply