cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller money is on hold - PAIN of beeing ebay seller

I have been on ebay more than a decade.

I was powerseller and used to get payment once the material was shipped in next cycle of payment.

Now due to fake negative feedbacks my rating is a bit less and I get payment only after 30 days or more after sending the materials!!!

Can you imagine that?! Ebay is holding big amouts of money for more than a month!? With no interest! If I kept those money lying in a bank at least I would get some interest! What a great business for Ebay! Thousands of my rupees with them and they can play with them and do whatever they want. Who knows what they do with our money every month!? Unbelievble. Which bank will give them loan with interest free money for so long time?? There isn't bank like this so they make their own rules to happily misuse money of Ebay sellers.

Indian buyers never leave a feedback or update that they received the material. Online shopping culture has not reached India yet. Buyers only remeber to log in to Ebay if they want to leave negative feedback. I always make sure they remember to at least update the received items. I send them emails and I include small note with the items. Yet Indian buyers refuse to update and leave positive feedback! Knowing this Indian mentality Ebay forced the rules which gives them all the benefit and hold the payment for long! Ebay is most happy when there are no PowerSellers so that they can hold money for more and more time. They will introduce more rules for their benefits and make sellers more miserable.

"Best" Ebay feedback rule: If buyer buyes 2 or more items and leaves all positive feedbacks within 10 days Ebay gives seller only 1 - ONE!!! Positive feedback. BUT!! At the same time if buyer leaves both positive and negative feedback if is counted as 2 feedbacks!!!!! It is purposely in favour to Ebay not to give PowerSellers status!!!!!!!!

Recently Ebay started PowerShip system again to benefit themselves. They force you to wait for their courier to come an pick up the items for which I did not agree because courier is very close for me and why should I sit and wait for someone to come without knowing when he is going to come and beeing stuck all days waiting and waiting... Because of this Ebay stopped fast remittance for me. They only want to force everyone to follow their terms which give them all the benefit and they punish others severely.

Sellers are nothing to Ebay! Anyone selling here should mentally prepare themselves to fight for they own money as Ebay will refuse to pay, postpone for weeks and months. Be sure You will not see your money even when item was delivered 30 days before or more!

Ebay will call every month many times, almost like harrasing you, to pay their fees on time. They will continue calling you even if you always pay on time! BUT! when you ask them to pay your own money on time they are not bothered and they will talk only about ebay terms and refuse to pay you on time.

PLESAE!! Consider if you really want to sell here! It is extremely difficult for sellers. Go somewhere else if you have better options. You will not see your own money for a month or so and customer care is extremely non seller friendly and non proffesional. Call centre people only keep repeatig same formulas which they were forced to memorize it is like talking to a machine not human beings!

I do NOT reccoment ebay as onlune selling platform in India.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller money is on hold - PAIN of beeing ebay seller

Absolutely true!! 

can I share a little bit about ebay Indian sellers?  I have bought from both ebay us and ebay Indian sellers. 

Indian sellers don’t reply to emails properly and dont want to communicate anything. 
Ask a seller a question and good chance he will reply next full moon! 
Everything that is sold on ebay.in doesnt have proper pictures. They take some random picture from the internet and use it. 
in Ebay.us the pictures are put of the actual item. 

Secondly - When a buyer faces a problem and tried to get in touch with the seller- Seller doesn’t respond. 
Read Here
http://community.ebay.in/t5/Selling-on-eBay-India/Why-Sellers-are-Given-Negative-Feedback-Look-here/...

After 4 days of no communication once a negative feedback is left, the seller magically reapers to ask why you left a negative feedback?? 

So when we have sellers like this why expect to class buyers? 

@buddyvinz wrote:

Indian buyers never leave a feedback or update that they received the material. Online shopping culture has not reached India yet. Buyers only remeber to log in to Ebay if they want to leave negative feedback. I always make sure they remember to at least update the received items. I send them emails and I include small note with the items. Yet Indian buyers refuse to update and leave positive feedback! Knowing this Indian mentality Ebay forced the rules which gives them all the benefit and hold the payment for long! Ebay is most happy when there are no PowerSellers so that they can hold money for more and more time. They will introduce more rules for their benefits and make sellers more miserable.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply