Power Ship - Next Business Day Delivery

I have written this mail today to the powership, what do you sellers think about it!

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to give my buyers a "Next Business Day Delivery" option given my many websites,  FedEx usually delivers the next day, so this option can be given to the buyers. But for doing this I need your support, if I get all my couriers assigned to fedex, I can do this, I can charge buyers a extra nominal rate of Rs. 50 for dispatching the item same day. But there are many problems in this:

1. If the buyer places the order after 3 PM the same day the pick up will not be possible. For this if we power ship sellers are allowed drop the package off at a Fed Ex location would be great. It would be great if the estimated delivery dates get mentioned below the shipping options shown to buyer , so if the buyers place the order after 6 PM (Fed Ex usual cut off time) then the estimated delivery date should change to the day after. 

2. For every "Next Business Day Delivery" option you may charge the seller Rs. 20 extra whereas he would be charging the buyer 50 extra for this option.

3. If a buyer buys an item with free shipping we should be assigned Blue Dart which usually takes   3-4 to deliver. 

4. We will have our shipping T&C planned accordingly!

It would be great if this thing is worked on and applied. many sellers would be happy to take this service,

Thanks and Regards

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

next day delivery is only possible for metros

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Even Metros  Bluedart  might deliver following day only if the package reaches delivery station after 3 pm.

FEDEX slightly better compared to Bluedart.It all depends when the package reaches delivery station from Airport Hub after overnight shipped from origin.

But no use breaking our back promising  some thing which can not be delivered. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If Power Ship gives us an option for couriers which provide Next Business day Delivery would be great, because many buyers buy the same item from *** becuse they can get it the next day , buyers are ready to pay extra for this so if we all request and write individuals mail to the powership team i.e inlogistics@ebay.com , they might consider this!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

All websites that offer next day delivery or 1 day delivery use their own logistics as they have their own warehouses and delivery hubs in many locations all over India, such a service is not thinkable and possible with ebay as here shipping is seller dependent and if there is a delay then who will take responsibility for it how will you do refund to the buyer, In ebay such delivery service is impossible.

PS: Bluedart, Aramex and Fedex even after calling them don't come to pickup the items for days at many locations.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply