gehnna
Community Member
Dear All eBay Co-Seller,

Hello !

International payments & Shipments.

Basic Requirement to Export anything:
1) Must Have Pan No. (Income Tax No.)
2) IEC Code
3) An Current Account In Any Nationalize Bank dealing in foreign currencies.
---------------------------------------------------------
Receiving Funds Through PayPal is totally Illegal. Still we are accepting it because we don't have any alternate.
but it is not the proper way to export.
For Gem & Jewellery Sellers - We Can't Ship a single Rupees jewellery of precious metals or precious or semi-precious through courier.
You can clear all your doubts by visiting the link below.
http://www.helplinelaw.com/docs/main.php3?id=CLPR2
The legal way to receive the payment is Wire Transfer (T.T), D.D, Cheque or Credit Card through proper channel.
Wire transfer (T.T) - It is very simple and anyone who are having IEC code and Current account and wish to export can use this facility by providing your buyer the bank swift code. Each and every bank has there own unique payment route, which can be get by visiting to bank. Each currency has a different swift code so keep in mind when you forward it to your buyer.
There is a fix format of Export Invoice. You can get this format in the market or can email me at ganpatishoppee@gmail.com.
You must have to ship the parcel using EMS (SPEED POST) 4 copies of Invoice either printed or typed. Custom supervisor will inspect your good & values declared on invoice and details. If everything is fine custom people will seal the parcel and endorsed the invoice and return two copies of invoice to you. Now you can deposit parcel at speed post counter. They will issue a receipt which is most important while you submit the invoice to bank in case if you are receiving money via T.T you must have to submit the invoice within 21 days to bank. Bank forward these documents to RBI. So that is properly an export. It is a very easy process.
if anyone know has more information about legalization of PayPal please let me know.
Keep in mind that your bank or rbi will never accept the PayPal payment advice. The advice from Paypal is just for nothing accourding to Indian laws.
--------------------------------------------------------
If we export something, we must required a proof payment for that transaction within the time frame of 6 Months. Must take a print out of the transaction detail via paisa-pay and keep it as record. So that it can be put up as proof to RBI on demand.
--------------------------------------------------------

With Regards
Kapil.K

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Legal Way To Export Payment & Exporting The Parcel

techniwas
Community Member
Hi kapil

Thx for posting this info. It was much needed. But the major issue i beleive still remains is PayPal or PaisaPay? If they are not legal, how are so many sellers selling international on eBay?

secondly is Speed Post (EMS) .. reliable to ship jems and jewellery? Are they fast enough?

All in all, If someone is to start selling internationally the process/guidelines are still pretty unclear as it seems to me.

Once again thx for all the info posted.

Regards

TechiE
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

gehnna
Community Member
Dear Sir/Madame,(Techniwas)
Hi !

Paisa Pay is legal. But you must have to take a print out for the export transaction for further records. May RBI can ask for the proof of payment, in case if you export the parcel legally through government channel. Yes EMS- Speed Post is very secure. You have the option to incurred the parcel. Even if you do not insured it doesn't matter. For Higher value parcel (above 10 Lac) I also suggest Air cargo terminal.
If you want to start an export -
1). You must have a bank account on the name of your firm.
2). Pan card is required.
3). IEC Code. You can get the IEC information online at http://www.infodriveindia.com/IEC-Code/Default.aspx. You will get all the information.
Thank you.

With Regards
Kapil.K
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Thx Kapil,

I shall mail you incase i need more details.

Regards
Kamlesh
TechNiwas

TechiE
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
Hi Kapil,
Found your info very useful.
I m using the regd air mail of India Post for almost all my foreign shipments weighing less than 1 kg. and get the payment via paypal .The value is also not much ie from USD 20 to USD 40 of each shipment.
Can RBI question me for the payments I m getting from paypal??

Regards
Ram krishan
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

gehnna
Community Member
Dear Ram krishan (jaipur_mart),
Hello !

No the amount you are dealing in is very small for this amount RBI wont question you but bank can ask you for payment advice if you deposit the paypal cheques frequently in your account. I suggest better open more than one account so that you can deposit it in different -2 accounts.
If you have any query feel free to ask me.
Thank you.
With Regards
Kapil.K
Message 6 of 6
latest reply