How to start an eBay business?

koolncasual
Community Member
Hello, guys.

I’m interested in starting an online shop on eBay and was wondering how one goes about doing it best? I was hoping some experienced seller could offer me a few tips on how to become successful here.

The main thing I want to know is how to get stuff at a price cheap enough for me to then be able to offer them on eBay at competitive prices? Say if I wanted to start a business selling items of home decor, how would I get them from wholesalers at a price lower than real-world retailers do, in order for me to then be able to sell it cheaper?

Most products on eBay sell at lower prices than their real world counterparts despite eBay’s various seller fees. How do you guys do that?

Any help you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

u need to start your own shop in physical market first. then build good relations with ur bulk supplier. sell in bulk then u will receive the good prices. selling in ebay is not so easy !!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Start with old household items which you do not need anymore.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
It all depends on you location and the type of product available nearby.. varies from place to place. To begin with find whats special and unique to your area which others may want to buy.. try to look for upcoming trends as well..
Message 4 of 4
latest reply