cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you deal with Non-Paying Buyers?

akaggarwal_eshop
Community Member
Hello,

I'm a small time seller and i'm quite astonished to see how almost all my auctions end up being won by buyers who have bid just for fun and have no-intention of paying up. Things are much better where fixed price listings are concerned. Btw i have quite strict buyer requirements in place (negative feedback not allowed, more than 2 unpaid item strikes not allowed, sms verification required if feedback is 0) and still these fake buyers show up in almost all my auctions.

I have almost no recourse in such cases - repeated calls to the buyers have no effect since i just get excuses and waste more money on calls, emails are obviously not replied to and finally i have to go through that lengthy 14 day UPI process just to get my money back. Overall i end up losing time and listing fees due to these non-serious buyers. Worst part is that these zero feedback members can leave negative feedback and spoil my score even though they never bought anything from me - fortunately nothing of this sort has happened so far ; maybe because i'm a polite person by nature and never get into arguments even with buyers i'm quite sure are not gonna pay and are just making excuses ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm just wondering how some of you other regular sellers deal with this - also considering the volume of sales of the bigger sellers, you must have quite a few non-paying buyers??

Does eBay empower me with any tools to deal with these buyers or does eBay actually follow up on any of the unpaid item strikes the buyer gets after the UPI is closed by seller?

Is there any way to speeden the process (instead of the usual minimum of 14 days) if i feel the buyer is clearly fake and avoiding me - which becomes obvious after 4-5 days when you've called the buyer a few times and get lame excuses - also these buyers never respond to sms or email.

If i'm not wrong the eBay policies state that a buyer's bid/purchase is legally binding. Is that for namesake only i.e. can't eBay actually do anything legally to these buyers?

Sorry for the rather long post - just wanna get some insight on this rather disturbing trend and hope to get some "genuine" replies ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

eBay has stopped UPI for BIN format lisitings but still there is no solution of UPI for auctions and BIN format for International listing.

We can't do anything but just file UPI and get the credit after 14-20 days and relist the item. We too are facing same issue.

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
All sellers face this problem .
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Every seller is facing this problem. From past few weeks, I am getting less UPI. Hope it will continue. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

offer.xclusive
Community Member
Im a very small seller ๐Ÿ˜› and even I face this problem. THe two items I currently have on sale now is already relisted 3 times because of non-paying bidders !

eBay should consider implementing further address and peronal verfication checks for all new buyers.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

akaggarwal_eshop
Community Member
Well there is hope yet - all four of my most recent auction winners have paid up and 3 of these were 0 feedback buyers so overall i've gained some trust back in the system ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

rishitex2003
Community Member
Hi !!

E bay is not taking serious view on buyer side, where
e bay is controlling seller and release money after 14 days if buyer fails to make payment.

E bay did not refund payment in our Bank account, but you/seller are compulsory to put item on sale on ebay, then only they give credit for listing or sold item charges.

So to recover your money from e bay you are suppose to be stay on e bay and this continue if the buyer non payment on item sold to buyer as final winner.

E bay must have to return money to our Bank a/c or reverse the credit to credit card account, this will attract more seller looking to safety of their own money which is wrongly and forcibly debited from seller account of non paid item.

ONLY BUYER IS ON EBAY NEVER GET ITEM

WITHOUT GOOD SELLER !!!

I hoe ebay team will effect such changes in their system.

As regards to buyer who received item, but did not make entry on ebay, then there is also a long process, finally we get payment after 25 days to 30 days from the item shipping date. These process of releasing delay payment should be faster then present situation. At least e bay
should understand such seller problem.

Thanks
rishitex2003
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

shoppe18online
Community Member
I am also facing the same problem, After winning the auction the buyer does not pay the money and we don't have any way to save ourself from this kind of Buyers.

Ebay just granted the FVF and his duty towars the sellers end there only.

No strong action is taken against such buyers.

Regards

Shoppe18online
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Hello,

I have more then 10 non buyers I guess,after 7days of non payment,I file a dispute of UNPAID reminder....and if buyers replies and me excues about personal problem etc etc,then I tried to end the deal with mutual agreement ..that is best..peace is the way,

and in that also buyer does not reply then we sellers dont have any other way then giving him unpaid strike and getting final fee back

Regards,
Bijay Agarwal
Message 9 of 9
latest reply