HELP, Buyer says he didn't get things !!!!!!

brijesh8nov
Community Member
Hello, My Name is Brijesh Chauhan and my ebay Id is brijesh8nov. I have always sold my old phones through EBAY, and this time on 10th March, I sold my BlackBerry phone. The phone was used and I had clearly mentioned about scratches etc. I had also given to the customer the courier details and what all is included in the BOX.
The customer called me and said that He has got the courier, the courier was packed as described, it was NOT damaged, but there is NO phone in there.
I inquired with the courier and they said they have delivered the BOX as packed, now this is an issue with me, I have send the phone with ALL ACCESSORIES and if the courier was packed as I described then how can ONLY phone get missing? I am 100% sure that the customer is lying, what can be done with such customers, Now I am at loss of my phone and paisa pay will NOT release my amount? what can I do?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

techniwas
Community Member
Which courier was it?

My experience says that courier is at fault.

I have seen mobile theft in reputed couriers like DTDC.

TechiE
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

DTDC I dont use now, though I was using DTDC only. They open parcels officially. You cant stop it because if you attach invoice, it becomes more lucrative for pilfering.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

brijesh8nov
Community Member
I have send it through PROFESSIONAL COURIERS and the buyer has said that he got the parcel is perfect condition. Also I did not DECLARE it as a PHONE, so there is no chance that the courier people know what is inside it.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
"I did not DECLARE it as a PHONE" - Thats where the problem was. The parcels can be easily taped and packed again!

TechiE
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

akaggarwal_eshop
Community Member
The package doesn't need to be opened for the courier people to find out whats inside - these people have some uber scanners at the airport and can find out exactly whats inside.

Which is why you should never put cash or mobiles (without declaration) inside a courier package since these are classified as high risk items - in the sense that they hardly reach the recipient.

Even reputable couriers like DTDC charge approx Rs. 150 extra for mobile shipments since they have to be declared and insured properly to ensure safe delivery.

What i'm trying to say is that you shouldn't discount the fact that your buyer is actually telling the truth - the mobile may have very well been stolen and there have been numerous cases of missing phones in courier packages.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

brijesh8nov
Community Member
I had send the box from KANNUR(Kerela) to MUMBAI, it did not go through AIR CARGO(this I confirmed with Professional Couriers). Also I had Taped the box and HAND written the address on the BOX, so anyone opening it will Have to TEAR the address to open it, I had packed it in 3 layers, basically it was IMPOSSIBLE to pack it back the same way after stealing. HMMMMMMMMMM......., thanks for All your help, as a SELLER what should I do now?
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
Never send mobile phones through courier services other than Tnt or blue dart. They are costly but very reliable.

Recently I shifted my courier agency from aramex to dtdc since aramex increased their fares. I got a very good rate with dtdc and is going on fine. But the problem is that sometimes they open parcels for checking. I dont understand y they open it even though all major air port cargo blocks have very sophisticated x ray machines.

Anyways, I dont have any problems as long as the buyer receives the item. I dont have items greater than 4k.

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

did you checked buyer feedback history.
Professional is the worst courier company one can use.
Once seller seemagifts sent me a machine that i purchased through ebay they sent it using professional couriers and when i opened the parcel the adapter was badly very very badly damaged. I was in loss for no faults of mine. Just because the seller choosed the worst courier company. "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
·:*¨¨*:·.God·:*¨¨*:·.Bless·:*¨¨*:·.Us·:*¨¨*:·.All·:*¨¨*:·.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

file claim with courier company and tell them you will file police complaint because they have done this blunder and they are responsible for everything.

It is 100% because of the courier company you choosed to send. Never ever use professional for items that are costly or can damage in transit. "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.”
Message 10 of 10
latest reply