First Casualty of of eBay Guarantee Programme

kiara.electronics-2009
Community Member
I think im the latest casualty of the "eBay Guarantee" program.

A buyer received the item on 23rd April, and said he did not like the item and i aksed him to send it back the same day and take a refund/exchange, he asked me to call afterwards as he was busy in his offfice , i called up at 8 he said he is driving, i called up at 9:30 he said he is out on dinner with his friends, then he stops answereing my calls.

On 4th Mat after 11 precise days i get a call from Mr. Aniket from Ebay that the person has written to eBay Guarantee and asked me to refund him, when i confronted that its a loss why didn'y he call me in last 11 days, but he was admant to make me the scapegoat. At the end he asked me to talk to the buyer and offer partial refund. I called him up and kept Aniket on conference he did not pick up the phone again, then i told Aniket this is what is happening he asked me to wait and then the buyer called me up and said he picked up the call but no one spoke - then he said he wants full refund not partial.When i asked him why did'nt he call me in last 11 days and never picked up his call he told me that WHY SHOULD HE CALL I SHOULD HAVE CALLED HIM AGIN AND AGAIN, am i a fool who should have called to a person who never answered my call.

After this i wrote to Aniket that he is not accepting the offer i shall also not bear the loss of his not responding for 11 days. To my amazement i haven't got a reply from him till now.

I asked the customer care rep twice to ask Aniket to call me he did not.

Now im stuck in between with no idea what is happening.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

shrigovindam
Community Member
This is bound to happen with this kind of guarantee program in an immature market. There is no criteria, only "Like", in this guarantee program.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

standard_enterprises
Community Member
Ebay Guarantee Programme will backfire in few months time because sellers selling higher value products can not afford to take them back once the seal is broken and under ebay Guarantee Programme buyer can return product within 1 month time and no questions are asked.

I have 2-3 buyers who has done the same and to keep account in good standing we have to suffer losses but we can not suffer if more n more people will do the same.

You do not have to get surprised if some buyer want to rent a higher end laptop and he will buy with ebay and use for 1 month and return back and claim his money.

I wont be surprised if buyers will buy perfumes and such product and use it and return after 30 days time claiming not satisfied.

As you can see there are many buyers who has enough time to play around and also buyers can purchase and later on if they use it and change mind they can return and claim refund.

Lets see how all sellers will react after few months on this.

Best of luck 🙂
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

kiara.electronics-2009
Community Member
@ Standard... As you said the sellers will see the repercussions of this in few months , i don't agree we have already seeing these now as you look around i have one , u have teo such buyers....its just the tip of the iceberg and its just sarted on 20th April , not even a month
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

A dangerous trend.
Courtesy is voluntary.
But this is instigation.
I suffer silently because international buyers never return item and extract full money, either through ebay or just by petty blackmailing.
Luckily most buyers are gentle people. But if this type of instigation goes on, I fail to assess the quantum of damage it will do to ebay itself. Most sellers will not quarell. But they will try to avoid an unsafe place of work.
Ebay should do well to oversee the return of bad item before refund and remove blackmailing feedbacks. You dont need a high IQ to identify malicious blackmailing.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

This is Just the Beginning. . . . .

इब्तदाये इश्क है, रोता है क्या
आगे आगे देखिये, होता है क्या …

shivamemory_logo_small
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

PS:
UK buyer is not satisfied even if you give free shipping.
US buyer is satisfied even if you give medium shipping.
German buyer is satisfied even if you give high shipping.

But we all like to sell to UK. Very difficult to forget colonial past.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

pmvispute
Community Member
SCI PHONE i9+++i DUAL SIM INTERNET MP3 MP4 TOUCH FLOW FM
ITEM NO. 230444585081
I HAVE PURCHASED THIS PHONE ON LINE AND MADE BIG MISTAKE
ON 10 MARCH2010 I PURCHASED IT AND WITH IN 4/5 DAYS IT STOPPED WORKING NOT DETECTING SIM CARD CONTACTED SELLER HE ASKED ME TO SEND IT TO MY ADDRESS BY COURIER I DID SAME THING I SEND IT BUT NOW THERE IS NO RESPONSE FROM SELLER WHETHER IT WILL BE RECTIFIED OR NOT OR AT LEAST I WILL GET MY OLD ITEM BACK OR NOT
E BAY IS ASKING ME TO GO TO RESOLUTION CENTER THAT I DID THEN SELLER IS ASKING TO WITHDRAW THE CASE OTHER WISE YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR ITEM IN TIME THIS IS ALL CHEATING NOTHING ELSE
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@kiara.electronics-2009...

I have sent you an email just check and reply.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

vbadhan
Community Member
I am the buyer. Let me put some more light on this case:

1. The listing mentioned a mobile phone with 288 MB RAM. I received a mobile phone with 192 MB RAM.

2. I asked for refund - seller refused. Instead he tried to convince me that the 192 MB model is better than then 288 MB model and then said that he can provide me with another used phone - either same model or different. The different model will cost more since it is a higher model.

3. Since the seller wasn't ready to provide me with refund, I raised the EBay Guarantee claim on the very day I received the item.

4. The seller called me twice - once when I was traveling and couldn't take the call, and then when I was having my dinner (9.30 PM I think is dinner time for 50% of India). Since I had nothing more to discuss with the seller as long as he didn't provide me a refund, I didn't call. Even though it was the seller's mistake, he never called after 9.30 PM on that day.

5. The seller never provided me with a return shipment address (Please find below my correspondence with the seller)

6. Finally, EBay contacted me on the 11th day. They asked me to call the seller. I did. Seller then said that he can give me only 60% refund. I obviously refused since it was seller's mistake.

7. Since the seller had refused to provide me the return shipping address, I waited for EBay to provide it to me. EBay provided me the address on 11th May. I shipped the item back on 11th May by overnight shipping from TNT (Consignment no 607136137)

8. I waited for 12 more days and today the dispute was finally resolved in my favour.

Please find below my correspondence with the seller.

Hi Sahil,
Please can you send your address for me to return the item to. Your profile doesn't have the address.

Thanks.

---------

Reply from Seller:

As i mentioned i can only take the set back on 60% refund of the total if you agree i can send the address

---------

My reply:

Hi Sahil
I am afraid I can not agree to a partial refund. Let us keep the refund quantum for EBay to decide. In the meanwhile, if you can provide your address, I will ship it back.

Regards,

---------

Reply from Seller:

Sorry i cant accept it back till u decide on it

---------

My Reply:

Hi Sahil,
This is for Ebay to decide. The case has been in Ebay court from the day I received the item (case ID 684). I am awaiting the settlement of the case. Since this isn't the piece I had ordered, I would request that you provide me the shipping address so that I can ship it back.

I am sure you would understand that there is no way I can ship the item back unless I know the address.

Regards,

--------

Reply from Seller:

Look then wait for the verdict from ebay as in any case im not going to accept it till my loss is covereed you used it for 15 days nd now want to have refund.

I won't let my loss happen and you take advantage of ebay policies

--------

My Reply:

Since you are the one delaying the return of this "in the box as it was from the day I received it" product by not giving me the address, I don't understand - on the one hand you say that I am not returning the product, and on the other you don't give me the address.

Lets be clear:
1. You shipped the wrong product
2. I had lodged the complaint on the very first day after you insisted that I had to accept another used product
3. You didn't provide me the return shipment address in our conversations and are still not doing so - but you expect me to ship the product back

If you expect the customer to bear losses for your mistakes (and glaring ones I must say), I am sure eBay and its customers would take appropriate action.

Regards,

--------

No further reply received from Seller.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply