cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay return policy is totally anti seller. Beware.

Beware when accepting returns from a buyer on eBay.

I had sold a BSNL modem on eBay which was in top form and fully working, to a buyer in Kerala. The modem has to be properly configured to work, and the buyer could not do this. So he took it to his local BSNL office, left it there for a few days and after a week sent it back to me as not working.

When I sent it, it was in a "Like New" condition. When I got it, the warranty sticker was broken and the top was fully of brown stains similar to those left by tea/coffee.

He has opened the modem and attempted to repair it (something which he admitted on sms). The modem was mishandled and was used as a coaster to hold tea/coffee.

On 18th Feb. 2013 a claim was opened. I was not able to say anything in the matter at all, and on 26th Feb. 2013, the claim was closed in the buyers favor and my account showed a negative balance. eBay did not even give me the opportunity to respond in the matter. They simply closed it assuming all is well.

The same day I spoke to eBay customer service regarding this, and they told me to send photos to prove my point. I did so. But from that day till now, no one has bothered to get back to me.

Yesterday 14th Feb. 2013, and today 15th Feb. 2013 I again called eBay, who have said they will look into the matter and get back in 24 to 48 hours.

Ebay should give the seller an opportunity to speak in the claim and respond as to whether or not he has got the item in a acceptable condition. This is not the way to conduct things.

I am now waiting for a claims officer to get back to me.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay return policy is totally anti seller. Beware.

That's true. The entire process is faulty. These days buyers wont even mark the item as received. They will simply wait for auto confirmation. Some wait assuming that if they don't mark the item as received, the money will be refunded to them.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply