cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Trust and Safety team tries to trap the seller in eBay gurantee claim.

I recently had a buyer who purchased a power bank from me. I had claimed that the power bank will charge an iphone with 1550 Mah Battery upto 3 times with this power bank when charging the phone in airplane mode keeping it standby.

The buyer generalized the claim and opened an ebay gurantee claim against me that he was not able to charge his nexus phone (2200 mah battery) 4 times (i claimed 3) in one go.

I replied saying that as with motor vehicles, the best mileage is achieved in ideal situations and it gets reduced drastically when driving in heavy traffic simarly in power bank when you are using your phone while charging and 3G wifi navigation etc. is on, the claim backup gets drastically reduced.

Then I received a call from T & S team they confronted me to the buyer.. I told the same thing about vehicle mileage to him and he got angry that he did not buy it to charge in airplane mode.. I asked do you buy a car to drive at 40 kmph with only 1 passenger and never apply brakes ?

Seeing that his argument was weak and he made a mistake of generalizing the claim, he exaggerated by saying that it is only charging my nexus phone to 40 percent. I was pretty sure he was desperate to return the product that's why he said it,

I wanted to tell him that he can return the product if he is actually getting only 40 percent, BUT (I'll check the device and if its working as I claimed then I'll return it back to him as it is a sealed pack device not resaleable once seal gets tampered. And I'll lose 1900 because of your misinterpretation of listing)

The T & S guy never allowed me to say the words after "BUT". He disconnected the call and the buyers refund was approved !!

This has happened once before regarding an expensive mobile case which the buyer could not understand how to install and he opened a ebay gurantee. and that time I thought it was an accident, now I'm sure they do it on purpose, they make the buyer and seller argue and as soon as seller uses the word ok I'll refund you they disconnect without listening to the sellers conditions.

Ideally the T&S executive should confirm with the seller that he is agreening for the refund and listen to his conditions too..

Have you had any similar experience? Please share. So that other sellers can identify this trend.

Can I still refute the buyers claim jf my device is working as claimed ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

they just want to increase the customer base + keep the customer base, so they play with our money !

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

For me also same thing happened

i have sold xiaomi earphone to a buyer

and after recieving it he sent a watsapp message "i don't want this earphone please take it back and give me my money so that i can buy sony"

i asked him whether it is working properly are not he said hat it is working

i said sorry sir i have not forced to buy xiaomi when you are willing too buy sony and you said that it is working so i can't do any thing.

he said "" ok i will see from myside""

after one week he raised a claim saying it is not working

and ebay approved the refund

still i don't understand under what reasons ebay is approving the refund

Message 3 of 3
latest reply