cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correlation between eBay promotions and fake bidders

incredibleholidays
Community Member
Hi,

I have observed that whenever ebay starts a promotion offering 5% -10% price breaks to customers there is a massive increase in fake bidders. The last time ebay had such promotions fake bidders were not that smart. They used to have such addresses

qwsdsrf asdf
dse
xas
ninagerder, NL 458758 India

But today's fake bidders are getting smarter. They give a wrong pin-code or an "authentic" looking address.

For e.g. the buyer 9487pillay.sivaram has given a pincode of 890021 which is non-existent.

This week I filed UPI's worth more than Rs 12000/- and that woke me up from my slumber that it seems there is a larger game plan at work to undermine ebay sellers. I have a few ideas to reduce this fake bidder menace on ebay

1) eBay should develop an algorithm based on heuristics that basically puts a cap on the no. of bids a new member makes. I have seen new members (less than a day old) having made hundreds of bids. I find such activities highly strange.

2) eBay should have a database of all pin codes in India and only when a person making a new registration has a pin code matching to the one in the database can he be registered as a member.

The issue is that these fake bidders can also give negative feedbacks and can basically throw an honest seller out of business quite rapidly.

I hope someone from the ebay team takes a look into this matter.

Regards,
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

tirupati_fashions
Community Member
I have experienced another thing.
Whenever ebay start promotions offering discount , Buyer asking for refund increased.They give proper address ( some time same adddress with different IDs) and after receiving item they called or send messege that item is faulty and they need refund . They ask to send refund by cheque or Bank transfer . if we insist ti issue refund through paisapay only they threat to leave negative feedback . They say PAISAPAY WILL TAKE VERY LONG TIME TO REFUND so they cant wait .even they ask amount to send back the item .

It is true ebay promotions give us very good traffic but there is no use of this kinda traffic where loose shipping costs , ebay fees and paisapay fees
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

creative_pursuits
Community Member
Hi

Yes,Even incase of genuine refund cases where item is not in stock or disagreement over terms etc....Buyers Insist that the refund shud be through a qucik mode like bank transfers or cheque and are not ready to wait to get it from Paisapay as Paisapay takes unusually long time to refund.What I cant understand is ..when the funds are in paisapay's custody and the seller and buyer agree for a refund..why cant they initiate it instantly? whats the problem???

As it is Business is Dull and we sellers cannot afford to losse our reputation and worsen the situation with such negatives.

I know sum1 will say Community Court will come to rescue and the negative will be taken off...but what about the business loss during the interim period from the date of feedback left to feedback removal????
Message 3 of 3
latest reply