cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer has my product and amount has been refunded as buyer raised claim. Buyer not lifting calls.

Buyer has my product and amount has been refunded as buyer raised a claim as item has not as expected. Asked buyer to return the products Buyer not lifting calls now. Amount has been refunded back to buyer. I have been chargered listing fees, eBay fees and loss of product too. What to do now? Who would raise my payment for this loss?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buyer has my product and amount has been refunded as buyer raised claim. Buyer not lifting calls.

what is the cost of the item ??

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Did eBay inform you about there gaurntee amount?If yes then at that time you should have objected.if no then you must ask money from eBay.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Bro, try to survive with this feature of eBay.

Myself faced such cases for 6 orders. Total costs as our my record is 85K.

Being frustrated, I left selling on eBay for few months. Now again came back on account Manager's request and suggestions.

Here is the stories. Its long, but please read, so that you can be aware of such thing and can save yourself.

In February ( after what I stopped selling at eBay) I was in a summit for 7 days. And before leaving all the pending orders shipped.

2 buyers  raised refund request sating Item not deliverd. after they raised the request, in next 2 days it was delivered.

I could not check mails that time. Coming back, found the rquests. And replied to eBay on their mail to providePOD.

It was the 5th day ( ebay gives us 5 days to provide POD).

On next day, I found both refund request is approved.

Called cutomer care of eBay, my account manager also escalated the matter. CC guys replied me, as you sent the mail on 5th day, we did not get enough time to cancel/hold refund request. And thus its automatically approved by system.

So, my question was to them, then why you guys give 5 days time? Give 4 days time nd keep 1 day as your buffer. They did not have the answer. One thing repeated contibuously, talk to buyer they must pay you offline.

But alas! Buyers already started keeping the phone off after 1st time I talked, never get in touch.

LOST cost of 2 Items. ~ 30K

Another one, more pathetic.

Buyer's location was remote. So used Speed post. Buyer requested refund for delay. We gave POD. Claim closed. Suddenly one day I saw, the amount been debited from my Paisapay account without any mail or anything.

Then went to Gurantee page. Found, the claim was closed. And eBay guys silently re-opened ( uncheking the option to notify ) and refunded.

BAH! Lost 15K. This was also in this FEB.

Another one,

One claim was there. Buyer sent the product for replacement as it was under warranty. Buyer received the replacement and was hppy.

All of a certain, I got a mail from claim dept. stating stating that "we were calling you, phone was ringing but nobody picked up the phone. Hence we are refunding the buyer".. What a JOKE! 16K gone.

This happened when I already stopped selling. and my Paisapay account balance became negative.

Now I started selling again and this amount will be gone.

But still I love ebay 🙂

Another one is surely a Fraud by eBay. It was last year May.  On similar context, "Phone was ringing........ refunding buyer".

But the buyer was very nice. We were almost fiend already. Regularly chatted etc. So, I asked to pay me separately.

He is agreed till today. But ebay never credited back the amount to his credit card.

Initially I was not believing him. But they guy realized that I am having douts, he sent me card statement of each moth for 6 months.

On the first month's statement I can see amount debited record. But never within next 5 months eBay credited back the amount.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

buyer mostly from west bengal side make a fraduntal pls beware from north eastern side

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

how to survive these frudental buyer how to geuss is this buyer was geniune pls guide from ur experiance

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I feel sorry for you. Similar cases have happened with me as well.

This new eBay Guarantee feature for raising claims is useless and non-functional.

Buyers are allowed to raise claims even when the deadline for delivery is not over. So, some over eager buyers end up raising claims just 4-5 days after the item has been shipped. Afterwards, if the item is delivered the claim still remains open and those stupid claim adjusters end up approving the refunds in favor of the buyer. 

Recently, I initiated a refund for an order I couldn't ship. The buyer didn't receive the money in his bank account after 3 days so he ended up calling eBay and that idiot customer care guy told him to open a claim. He didn't even bother checking that the refund has already been initiated. Now eBay has debited the order amount from my account balance as settlement towards the guarantee claim. I haven't received any remittance for that order so why is the need to debit that amount from my Paisapay balance. It's absolutely ridiculous. 

Similarly, one of the orders was shipped through the Powership program and it couldn't be delivered as the buyer was not available at the time of delivery. I received the parcel back and I told the buyer to raise a claim to get the money back. He raised the Claim on 4th of April and on the same day eBay debited the order amount Rs. 3000 from my Paisapay account as Adjustment towards the claim. Now on 17th April, the claim was ruled in favor of the buyer and eBay has again debited the amount from my account. I don't know what kind of system these guys are running over here. Absolute disgrace. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply